EK XRES 100 Revo D5

Go to solution Solved by Himommies,
6 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

I am looking for a tiny pump/res combo, and this seems to fit my needs.

However, I'd like the ability to control the pump RPM by steps, as the DC model.

By the looks of it, EK recommends these things for the full combo:

Res (XRES 100)

Pump (D5 Vario DC)

Mounting Bracket

What I do not understand, is how do I couple the pump to the reservoir, it looks like it has some rubber/plastic mount that comes with none of these.

So does it require an extra part or something?

Don't take my word for it but the pump is only the pump itself you need something like a EK XTOP but this a very expensive way to do things you might as well buy these 2 as 1 thing like the EK-XTOP SPC-60 PWM.Also the mounting bracket is for attaching to a fan spot.

However, I'd like the ability to control the pump RPM by steps, as the DC model.

Res (XRES 100)

Pump (D5 Vario DC)

Mounting Bracket

What I do not understand, is how do I couple the pump to the reservoir, it looks like it has some rubber/plastic mount that comes with none of these.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

6 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

Res (XRES 100)

Pump (D5 Vario DC)

Mounting Bracket

Don't take my word for it but the pump is only the pump itself you need something like a EK XTOP but this a very expensive way to do things you might as well buy these 2 as 1 thing like the EK-XTOP SPC-60 PWM.Also the mounting bracket is for attaching to a fan spot.

My life

Just get the XRes Revo D5 pump/res combo... far easier.

You can get mounting bracket and attach to rad or fan... if you're mounting to bottom rad/fan get the one you linked, or if you're mounting to front mounted rad/fan then you can get this one. That's assuming it's a 120mm rad/fan. They do a 140mm version also.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

On 12/4/2016 at 4:29 PM, Himommies said:

Don't take my word for it but the pump is only the pump itself 

Did a bit more reading, seems a newer version of the PWM D5 is better at being controlled.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

2 hours ago, FunkyFeatures said:

Did a bit more reading, seems a newer version of the PWM D5 is better at being controlled.

Yes, and when connected to PSU only it will run at 100%, which is what you want when filling the loop. The older versions didn't do this I believe.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti