What's the difference between Gigabytes X99 boards?

So 1st does their mATX gaming 5 really not support more than 32gb of ram with 4 dimms? why not?

2nd for the longest time all they had was the "X99-SLI" with the "X99P-SLI" being updated with TB3 so that was always the one in my PCPP build but now they have 4 more; gaming 5, ultra gaming, phoenix and designiar like wut? So they all take 128GB of ram, they all have RAID and 4 way sli support.....

Please provide links to the motherboards, so its faster for us to check what you mean.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

why aren't you checking their original GigaByte product pages?

and here's a comparison between the two: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=5221,5658

does their mATX gaming 5 really not support more than 32gb 64GB of ram with 4 dimms? why not?

there aren't any DDR4 DIMMs bigger than 16GB

1. I find gigabytes sit very confusing and hard to navigate

2. you asked for links I found usable links asap and that was through PCPP

2 minutes ago, ScaryFatKidGT said:

1. I find gigabytes sit very confusing and hard to navigate

absolutely not

I have no idea why would you say that o.O

1 minute ago, ScaryFatKidGT said:

is PCPP just wrong

yep, you should not take anything from PCPP as 100% - always check the manufacturer's product page

I hope your being sarcastic lol

I'm not O.o

Like the X99P says TB3/USB-C 3.1 and none of the other do but then in the description the Designraire says TB3 certified in a different spot. I could find other errors like some stuff not showing up under filters that it should etc.

3 minutes ago, ScaryFatKidGT said:

Like the X99P says TB3/USB-C 3.1 and none of the other do but then in the description the Designraire says TB3 certified in a different spot. I could find other errors like some stuff not showing up under filters that it should etc.

here? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/main.aspx?ck=2

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

Yeah

but anyway the mATX doesn't have TB which sucks so if I want TB it looks like only the X99P-SLI and the much more expensive Designaire have it where the Phoenix, G1 ultra gaming and the Designaire all have RGB lighting, thats about all I can tell. Do they differ for NVME SSD's? I want to run a 960 Pro.

The Phoenix and Desingaire say A/C wifi and Bluetooth 4.2, do they others not have on board wifi or just not A/C?

2 minutes ago, ScaryFatKidGT said:

The Phoenix and Desingaire say A/C wifi and Bluetooth 4.2, do they others not have on board wifi or just not A/C?

mate, look at the product pages

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

mate, look at the product pages

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5658#sp

Doesn't list it as having a Thunderbolt port anywhere even tho it says it's the first X99 board to have it

The Phoenix and Designare just say "Thunderbolt add in card, idk what that means, thx fornothing I guess ill just ask somewhere else I guess.

12 minutes ago, ScaryFatKidGT said:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5658#sp

Doesn't list it as having a Thunderbolt port anywhere even tho it says it's the first X99 board to have it

seriously?! look at the fucking product page

here, and I quote:

The GIGABYTE X99P-SLI motherboard is the world's first X99 motherboard to be certified to support Thunderbolt™ 3. This gives enthusiasts that need the tried-and-true horsepower and reliability of the X99 chipset access to the world’s fastest connectivity protocol. Powered by Intel’s own Thunderbolt 3 controller, the new Thunderbolt 3 protocol is available over a USB Type-C™ connector on the back I/O of select GIGABYTE motherboards including the X99P-SLI. Bringing an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s -- twice more than the previous generation! 

---

The Phoenix and Designare just say "Thunderbolt add in card, idk what that means

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5906#ov

re4lcnT.png

it took me 2-3 minutes to find all of this