Need Help Cant figure Water cooling out

Go to solution Solved by atomicus,

Have you used the EKWB Configurator? That should break things down for you in an easy to understand fashion. Basically though, you need x2 fittings for each component, as each has an in and out. So for CPU block, single rad and pump/res (if a combined unit), you would need 6 fittings. The size of the fittings depends on the size of your tubing. The configurator does this for you though. For soft tubing you probably could get away without any 45/90 degree fittings, but it depends. However, you would also be advised to fit a drain port, which will require a ball valve and some other fittings in order to locate this somewhere in your loop (preferably at the lowest point to make draining easier).

Hello Fellow computer enthusiast's, 

I need some help, So i recently finished an all white build named winter is coming and am intrested in installing a loop.

I have seen plenty of videos and read many forum posts but i still cant wrap my head around it. All im looking for is to cool my cpu (For now).

I understand the tubing, The cpu block the radiator etc but i just cant put it all together into what i need sort of similar to when building your first pc (This is my third)

I am irish meaning parts are hard to get so i mostly use amazon but if you guys could help me out I would Really appreciate it.

All i want is a:

Cpu Block 

Soft tubing

240/360 Mm radiator

A pump and resevoir (Prefarably white but not needed)

And a list of the fittings (This is the most important part) 

If i'm missing anything please let me now and thanks in advance my head is fried thinking about all this

Also Could you inlcude like the things i need to mount everything (if they don't come inlcuded)

Thanks

Specs: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fionngpu/saved/#view=DZW4D3

Have you used the EKWB Configurator? That should break things down for you in an easy to understand fashion. Basically though, you need x2 fittings for each component, as each has an in and out. So for CPU block, single rad and pump/res (if a combined unit), you would need 6 fittings. The size of the fittings depends on the size of your tubing. The configurator does this for you though. For soft tubing you probably could get away without any 45/90 degree fittings, but it depends. However, you would also be advised to fit a drain port, which will require a ball valve and some other fittings in order to locate this somewhere in your loop (preferably at the lowest point to make draining easier).

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Thanks I have tried the configuration before but all it does is end me up with 2 fittings and a waterblock which ofc is not what i need :/

3 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

Thanks I have tried the configuration before but all it does is end me up with 2 fittings and a waterblock which ofc is not what i need :/

Nvm Seems as though im an idiot i will give it a shot now!

Another question about pumps and reservoirs are all compatible? I've heard stuff about pump tops etc

3 hours ago, Fionngtx said:

Another question about pumps and reservoirs are all compatible? I've heard stuff about pump tops etc

I would get a combined pump/res combo for simplicity. Will make things much easier, and the EK-XRES 100/140 Revo D5 PWM is very good. I have used it myself several times and it's quiet and performs great.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

9 hours ago, atomicus said:

I would get a combined pump/res combo for simplicity. Will make things much easier, and the EK-XRES 100/140 Revo D5 PWM is very good. I have used it myself several times and it's quiet and performs great.

Okay Thanks very much Last question is What fittings did you suggest for a drainage port? 

8 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

Okay Thanks very much Last question is What fittings did you suggest for a drainage port? 

There are a number of ways you can go about it, but this is my approach. A ball valve and a couple of rotary extenders would be ideal, as that way you can orient the valve the right way round... otherwise you're at the mercy of where it ends up when you screw it in. Also a splitter of some sort, as if you have it on a rad port for example, you will still need to have your tubing going in there, so a 3-way spliter will have one end going in to the rad (via a rotary extender also in my case), the tubing going in to another, and the drain valve going in to the last port at a point where you can easily access it. Here is what mine looks like... although I actually have used a 4-way splitter on this as I have a temp probe on there as well.

drain_port.jpg

Well i also have a suggestion i does use ekwb parts but honestly fittings can be costly. I use barrow fittings which are from china. So far i use for my entire case u can check out in my post. I can assure you its works as great as any other brand and u can save a lot of money. Plus if u also look forward for hard tubing then u still save a lot of money because i personally buy a lot of tubes and not worry about fail bends since its not as costly as other famous brands.

13 minutes ago, yogeshnaidu said:

Well i also have a suggestion i does use ekwb parts but honestly fittings can be costly. I use barrow fittings which are from china. So far i use for my entire case u can check out in my post. I can assure you its works as great as any other brand and u can save a lot of money. Plus if u also look forward for hard tubing then u still save a lot of money because i personally buy a lot of tubes and not worry about fail bends since its not as costly as other famous brands.

Honestly i would rather buy the more "Trusty" fittings just in case but thanks for the suggestions maybe i can get the ball fitting for cheaper!

And i know this is kind of off topic but dont want to create another post for no reason. Im planning on custom sleeving my cables with paracord does anyone know if its quite easy? Or should i buy something like this http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Silverstone-24-Pin-30cm-sleeved-weiss-ATX-Verlaengerung-fuer-Netzteile--S_845280.html

4 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

And i know this is kind of off topic but dont want to create another post for no reason. Im planning on custom sleeving my cables with paracord does anyone know if its quite easy? Or should i buy something like this http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Silverstone-24-Pin-30cm-sleeved-weiss-ATX-Verlaengerung-fuer-Netzteile--S_845280.html

Ref the fittings, Barrow are actually quite good, so if you can source them for significantly less they wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice.

As for cables, it's not exactly difficult once you get the hang of it, but it's VERY time consuming and to be honest, unless you plan to make more cables further down the line, by the time you invest in the necessary tools, you won't save any money vs buying them ready made. If you want to replace the cables from your PSU altogether, this is not something I'd advise doing, but extensions are possible if you have the time. Personally though, you may just be better off going with Cablemod... they are very good. Those Silverstone ones you linked are OK, but nothing special.

7 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Ref the fittings, Barrow are actually quite good, so if you can source them for significantly less they wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice.

As for cables, it's not exactly difficult once you get the hang of it, but it's VERY time consuming and to be honest, unless you plan to make more cables further down the line, by the time you invest in the necessary tools, you won't save any money vs buying them ready made. If you want to replace the cables from your PSU altogether, this is not something I'd advise doing, but extensions are possible if you have the time. Personally though, you may just be better off going with Cablemod... they are very good. Those Silverstone ones you linked are OK, but nothing special.

So Something like This Would suffice?

1 minute ago, Fionngtx said:

If your GPU is just 6-pin then yes that's fine. It really comes down to how much you want to spend and how customised a look you want.

Just now, atomicus said:

If your GPU is just 6-pin then yes that's fine. It really comes down to how much you want to spend and how customised a look you want.

Well Thanks a lot dude if i have any more questions i will be sure to pm you You were extremely helpfull! Thanks

20 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

Btw bro personal experience the cablemod paracord. I had it man its really pain in the ass cause dust can easily get trapped between the paracord and its not easy to clean this cables. Especially if u have white cables in it.  Moreover if ur too rough with it or sometimes accidently stretch it. The cord will rip off from the connector. This is just my personal experience. I prefer nylon its just headache free but is less flexible then paracord. Paracord is also harder to keep in shape then nylon.

36 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Btw this is just for fittings. I dont recommend getting blocks since it always good to use branded blocks for best performance and also the pump and pump top. Other then that reservoir, mounting kit, lighting is subjective which depends on budget and preferences.

1 hour ago, yogeshnaidu said:

Btw bro personal experience the cablemod paracord. I had it man its really pain in the ass cause dust can easily get trapped between the paracord and its not easy to clean this cables. Especially if u have white cables in it.  Moreover if ur too rough with it or sometimes accidently stretch it. The cord will rip off from the connector. This is just my personal experience. I prefer nylon its just headache free but is less flexible then paracord. Paracord is also harder to keep in shape then nylon.

Nylon? I cant find any nylon kits (Want a kit so its cheaper) 

6 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

Nylon? I cant find any nylon kits (Want a kit so its cheaper) 

He means the Cablemod Modmesh... that's a nylon sleeve. They do one called Modflex which is paracord, and I agree it's not very good... snags easy and can fray. It's more flexible, that's the only real benefit in my view, but the disadvantages make it inferior in my opinion.

Just now, atomicus said:

He means the Cablemod Modmesh... that's a nylon sleeve. They do one called Modflex which is paracord, and I agree it's not very good... snags easy and can fray. It's more flexible, that's the only real benefit in my view, but the disadvantages make it inferior in my opinion.

Personally do you sleeve your own cables or but them?

3 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

I sleeve when I have the time, but it's very laborious. It's a good way to get a truly custom job, but then with the likes of the Cablemod Custom Configurator and lots of people on eBay and elsewhere doing custom extensions and full replacement cables now, it's quicker and easier to go one of those routes. I'd only really advise doing yourself if you think you'll want to do it again sometime in the future, and/or you just really enjoy the process... but of course if you've never done it before, you won't know that lol! ;)

Just now, atomicus said:

I sleeve when I have the time, but it's very laborious. It's a good way to get a truly custom job, but then with the likes of the Cablemod Custom Configurator and lots of people on eBay and elsewhere doing custom extensions and full replacement cables now, it's quicker and easier to go one of those routes. I'd only really advise doing yourself if you think you'll want to do it again sometime in the future, and/or you just really enjoy the process... but of course if you've never done it before, you won't know that lol! ;)

Any way i can buy This buth in nylon then maybe im blind but i dont see it :D

6 minutes ago, Fionngtx said:

I buy them. I ask my local modder to make me some replacement cables for my corsair psu. If u find any local modder that sleeve psu or make replacement cables is cheaper.

U can do urself but honestly i tried and is very time consuming and sometimes if fail need to redo again. Its recommend that if u want to sleeve urself dont cut corners go for good quality heatshrink, cords, wire and tools to do it.

Just now, yogeshnaidu said:

I buy them. I ask my local modder to make me some replacement cables for my corsair psu. If u find any local modder that sleeve psu or make replacement cables is cheaper.

U can do urself buy honestly i tried and is very time consuming and sometimes if fail need to redo again. Its recommend that if u want to sleeve urself dont cut corners go for good quality heatshrink, cords, wire and tools to do it.

Sadly im from ireland and around here building your own pc is unheard of so local modder is out of the question