New SSD

DJ25380

So ive got a new SSD from black friday sale. I was really wondering what i should do. Go with a fresh install or clone my existing hard drive. Does doing a fresh install give the ssd better performance or does it not matter at all.

Thanks

Depends, I cloned and I have had no issues, which would be the case 99 percent of the time. But there is a chance something could go wrong but if you can't boot from the ssd after doing it, just do a fresh install :)

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Depends, I cloned and I have had no issues, which would be the case 99 percent of the time. But there is a chance something could go wrong but if you can't boot from the ssd after doing it, just use the hdd and do a fresh install :)

Okay thanks for the information

Just now, DJ25380 said:

Okay thanks for the information

No problem, I would recommend a fresh install if you have the money to buy a key off of kinguin or something, but at the time I didn't so I just cloned it. And if you decide to clone it use macrium reflect, only program that works.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

No problem, I would recommend a fresh install if you have the money to buy a key off of kinguin or something, but at the time I didn't so I just cloned it. And if you decide to clone it use macrium reflect, only program that works.

I was just going to use Samsung's Data Migration software

Just now, DJ25380 said:

I was just going to use Samsung's Data Migration software

Oh that probably works too, my ssd didn't come with software but since it did just use that. :)

I just rebuilt my PC (whilst adding a second SSD) in a new case and new WC loop. I went for a total wipe across both my previous drives (m.2 and HDD). I think it always best to just start fresh, over time we install/remove stuff and they all leave crap behind registry entries, folders etc

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

I just rebuilt my PC (whilst adding a second SSD) in a new case and new WC loop. I went for a total wipe across both my previous drives (m.2 and HDD). I think it always best to just start fresh, over time we install/remove stuff and they all leave crap behind registry entries, folders etc

So decluttering is an another plus to fresh install. awesome

So, im really not sure what the issue is now. I did a fresh install and now my second monitor isnt being detected, all respectable drivers have been installed