HD7790 or rx 460

DigitalFlower

hi!

so, my gpu got damaged, it was an old hd 5670 but it was useful for what i needed, anyway, i need a new gpu since the integrated hd4250 is really not nice at all since it won't even let me use my 2 monitors.

i am looking at an used 7790 or a new rx 460 the used 7790 for 60 USD free shipping, or the rx 460 100 USD + 20 usd shiping

also, at the moment i have only the 60 usd, so i would have to save for about 2 months to buy the 460, what would you recomend?

thank you! 

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

RX 460 is basically on par with the 950 IIRC. In any case it's better than the 7790.

hi! thank you, yes, i know it is better, but at basically twice the price and having to wait for around 2 months to purchase it, what would you recomend? thank you! 

Just now, DigitalFlower said:

hi! thank you, yes, i know it is better, but at basically twice the price and having to wait for around 2 months to purchase it, what would you recomend? thank you! 

Eh, the 7790 would be a fairly okay card. What games are you gonna play?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Eh, the 7790 would be a fairly okay card. What games are you gonna play?

i'm not really that much into gaming, i play low requirement games really, i play league of legends, guild wars 2,  that's why the 5670 was ok, i use my pc mostly for 3d design in blender, 123d design and fusion 360, video editing in premiere, circuit design, and well, GCN can help me in blender since it would allow me to render using bot cou and gpu, and also, for design and editing i like to have one monitor for the object and one monitor for the tools and timelines and all that.

thank you! 

1 minute ago, DigitalFlower said:

i'm not really that much into gaming, i play low requirement games really, i play league of legends, guild wars 2,  that's why the 5670 was ok, i use my pc mostly for 3d design in blender, 123d design and fusion 360, video editing in premiere, circuit design, and well, GCN can help me in blender since it would allow me to render using bot cou and gpu, and also, for design and editing i like to have one monitor for the object and one monitor for the tools and timelines and all that.

thank you! 

Hmm. In that case, it might be worth waiting for an RX 460 or trying to invest in a used HD 7850 or 7870.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

thank you! i will see what other people say but i'll keep that in mind :)

now i see this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131695

and many people mention that i need a PCI-e 3.0 board, but i've also seen people run it on pic-e 2.0 boards.

mine is  this one, do you think i'll have any issues with the card just because i am plugging it in a pci e 2.0 slot? 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A88TDV_EVOUSB3/specifications/

also, anyone has any experience with rebate cards? because i do not live in the us and honestly it's the first time i see the rebate card thingy, if anyone could explain a bit of that to me, that'd be lovely! with the 69 usd price i could purchase it this week :) i see you have to print the card and mail it physically so i guess i might not be able to, anyway, thank you!