3D Render PC

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
24 minutes ago, Ricky Ng said:

snip

@KnightSirius about the keyboard. If you're doing 3D modelling with Autodesk based applications, or blender you might want a more standard keyboard though. The Insert home and other such keys are used very often. Provided you don't want to click 3 more times for 1 move. 

If you're using Maya, it is more GPU bound, so you can drop back on the CPU but for what you have I don't think I would. 

I'd go with 1x 16GB ram for now. Or 2x 8. You'll have room to upgrade but save money now. Still basing off autodesk they recommend 4 minimum for 3ds max and maya, 8 is recommended and I was able to run 3ds on 2gb. 

If you're efficient you shouldn't need more than 8 but at your price range 16 is plenty. 

Do you need windows 10 pro? I would get home unless you're using all those hidden features. If you're buying all the software you're using (Adobe suit, Autodesk 3D, Blender...) I don't see a point in the pro version. It's more for programmers I believe. 

I disagree with a 300 dollar motherboard. That would cut out a ton of money right there if you went to a 150 dollar or less MoBo. I don't know motherboards too well as they all seem to be the same to me. I don't overclock. 

In short we dropped from 2425 to about 2100. 
I got that number by halfing the price of the ram from 2x 16 to 1x 16. (minus 100)
25 from windows 10 pro to home,

200 off the Motherboard presuming you selected a 100 dollar board. 

We're still a little high. Do you have your heart set on that specific 1440p monitor? I feel you can get one for less than 400. 

Hey Guys,

I'm building my first PC. I'm a designer mainly focusing on 3D and graphic design, sometime After Effect.

I want to cut down from this list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rickyng17/saved/#view=7xRvK8 which is pretty expensive and I'm not even sure if my list is good. Can you please help me out?

My budget is around 1000$ - 1800$. Since I'm leaving pretty unknown country :D Cambodia. I'm gonna get most of the part from Ebay.com or from local shop. http://chantracomputer.com/pcpart.html

The price is pretty weird some of the part is much cheaper than ebay.com though.

I don't need a mouse or speaker. I'm already have them but not keyboard.

I want to a build upgradable PC for the next 2 -3 years I guess.

Thank you for the help guys.

R.

-------

Guys,

Just quick updated on the suggested spec which I'm really happy about :D .

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3zGt9W

All these price is base on my local shop (Phnom Penh, Cambodia) and Ebay.com (shipping price)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6800k - US $434.45 + US $23.23 shipping = US $457.68
CPU Fan: Deep Cool Maelstrom 240T - US $57

Motherboard: ASUS X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 X99 DDR4 - US $225 + US $25.00 = US $250

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000(PC4 24000)Blk - US $98.89 + US $22.98 = US $121.87

Storage: Samsung EVO 2.5" SATA III 120GB - US $66.62 & HDD Toshiba 2TB(7200 rpm) - US $70 = US $136.62

Graphic card: MSI GTX 1060 6GT OC (6 GB) || US $275

Case: Sharkoon BW9000-W - US $75

Power supply: EVGA 500W 80 Plus WHITE12V - US $41.26 + US $ 42.01 = US $83.27

Case Fan: 12cm/LED - US $3 x 2 = US $6 (optional)

Monitor: QNIX QX2710 - US $203.07

Keyboard: Microsoft PL2 Wedge Mobile Keyboard - US $37.96 + US $12.65 = US $50.61

UPS: Prolink Pro 1201SFC 1200VA UPS with AVR + USB port = US $61.00

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

US $1776.09

This PC is very hard to shave down right now, the parts you have are all with a specific purpose in mind. I'm assuming you want to prioritize CPU power over GPU. You could opt for a GTX 1060 instead of the 1070 that's a couple bucks there. I'd also recommend getting a i7 6800K instead of the Xeon. Even though it has 2 more cores, I have a feeling it will be weaker when it comes to rendering (Check into that for the program(s) you use).

So what are your priorities? What MUST you have?

Is 16GB of RAM okay for the time being? Anything in particular you need on a motherboard? etc...

Once we know this stuff we can whittle it down to your price point hopefully!

What I can say for sure though is for 80$ that's a crappy keyboard you have listed. I'd swap that out for a simple mechanical keyboard (no lights or gaming stuff just a simple typing KB) for example this CoolerMaster Quick Fire for the same price. Unless you NEED wireless, but there are still better wireless options in that price point.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

16 minutes ago, KnightSirius said:

I'd also recommend getting a i7 6800K instead of the Xeon. Even though it has 2 more cores, I have a feeling it will be weaker when it comes to rendering (Check into that for the program(s) you use).

umm. yeah. about that. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6800K-vs-Intel-Xeon-E5-2620-v2/3607vsm4718

24 minutes ago, Ricky Ng said:

snip

@KnightSirius about the keyboard. If you're doing 3D modelling with Autodesk based applications, or blender you might want a more standard keyboard though. The Insert home and other such keys are used very often. Provided you don't want to click 3 more times for 1 move. 

If you're using Maya, it is more GPU bound, so you can drop back on the CPU but for what you have I don't think I would. 

I'd go with 1x 16GB ram for now. Or 2x 8. You'll have room to upgrade but save money now. Still basing off autodesk they recommend 4 minimum for 3ds max and maya, 8 is recommended and I was able to run 3ds on 2gb. 

If you're efficient you shouldn't need more than 8 but at your price range 16 is plenty. 

Do you need windows 10 pro? I would get home unless you're using all those hidden features. If you're buying all the software you're using (Adobe suit, Autodesk 3D, Blender...) I don't see a point in the pro version. It's more for programmers I believe. 

I disagree with a 300 dollar motherboard. That would cut out a ton of money right there if you went to a 150 dollar or less MoBo. I don't know motherboards too well as they all seem to be the same to me. I don't overclock. 

In short we dropped from 2425 to about 2100. 
I got that number by halfing the price of the ram from 2x 16 to 1x 16. (minus 100)
25 from windows 10 pro to home,

200 off the Motherboard presuming you selected a 100 dollar board. 

We're still a little high. Do you have your heart set on that specific 1440p monitor? I feel you can get one for less than 400. 

Thank you guys for your responses.

This is my new build as you guys have suggested. I cut down the price to $1668.30.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rickyng17/saved/#view=WxRvK8

My 3D application will be 3Ds Max and Maya probably C4D sometime.

Only reason I wanted to have a better Display because I'm afraid it might not show a correct color, but thought it pretty expensive with my last setup.

I believe this screen is good enough for now :D

I just get used to small keyboard, i have no idea why :( so I pick this keyboard instead hopefully it is not over priced keyboard from Microsoft :(

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/L69KHx/microsoft-keyboard-u6r00001

If you guys have more suggestion pls pls help me out :D

Thanks again mates,

R.