Monitor overclocking through HDMI

tornados2111

I'm trying to overclock my monitor through a hdmi to dvi cable and I got stable at 75Hz. Not sure if the HDMI is actually still keeping it at 60 Hz because when I think about it, I can't really tell if the refresh rate is higher. Anyone know?

What resolution are you running at?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

It's usually the ports, not the cable that limit the frequency.

So the port being what is actually connected to the monitor? in that case it's dvi

1680x1050

HDMI should be able to carry 1050p @75Hz just fine.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

HDMI should be able to carry 1050p @75Hz just fine.

So that means I am running at 75Hz? It's just sometimes I am convinced that I am and others that I am not. I think that it feels more fluid but hard to say because I'm actually thinking about it...

So that means I am running at 75Hz? It's just sometimes I am convinced that I am and others that I am not. I think that it feels more fluid but hard to say because I'm actually thinking about it...

You should be running at 75Hz

thanks guys. Also another thing. Decreasing my res should let me have higher hz, yeah? even with hdmi as my graphics card port?