OC causing skips in game?

I've got my 6700k running at 4.7ghz and 1.36v. It's ran aida for 18+ hours no issues passed burn test over and over, getting consistent 1000+ scores on cinebench. 

But I'm getting weird skips when gaming, like it'll lock up for a second and then jump almost like crazy ping. Could this be coming from instability in my clock? 

Yes its probably becouse your CPU is unstable. Try to run the same games at stock speed and see if the issue presists 

1 minute ago, KeFy said:

Yes its probably becouse your CPU is unstable. Try to run the same games at stock speed and see if the issue presists 

Eh fair enough, I was hoping I wouldn't  have to dial it back. Was so hype about 4.7

18 minutes ago, Juggern0ttt said:

But I'm getting weird skips when gaming, like it'll lock up for a second and then jump almost like crazy ping. Could this be coming from instability in my clock? 

Most likely no, check your ram,  gpu and hdd usage, And see if you have fluctuations in the cpu clockspeed.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

11 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Most likely no, check your ram,  gpu and hdd usage, And see if you have fluctuations in the cpu clockspeed.

I monitor my gpu/cpu while in game no drops or spikes. I've had my ram  for a while and tested it when I upgraded my cpu a few days ago. I haven't monitored my hdd yet never thought of it causing any issues like that 

Bump the voltage to 1.38 or 1.4v but idk if that's cpu or not.... Win 10 IS fast to blue screen at instability 

2 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Bump the voltage to 1.38 or 1.4v but idk if that's cpu or not.... Win 10 IS fast to blue screen at instability 

I dialed it back to 4.6 at 1.35 and haven't noticed it yet. I may try bumping up my voltage when I have more time for proper testing.