1080p 144hz not working on HDMI 2.0

SomePurpleRandom

So I just bought a 2560x1440 144hz monitor (Acer XG270HU) and it comes with an HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort, and DVI-D cable. I already own a 1920x1080 144hz monitor (Acer GN246HL which is now my second monitor) using a DVI-D cable. For my 2560x1440 monitor I'm using the DisplayPort cable it came with and for my 1920x1080 I want to use the HDMI 2.0 cable instead of the DVI-D because It's so bulky. My problem is that when I plug in the HDMI 2.0 to the 1080p 144hz monitor the max refresh rate that it lets me use is 60hz but when I plug it into the 1440p 144hz monitor it lets me use 144hz. I don't know what the problem is here. I have an Asus Strix GTX1070. I do have the drivers for both monitors installed and I don't know how to fix this.

"The best chapter of Naruto is when Goku helps Pikachu to prevent Spider-Man to drown at the Titanic." 
"I have a fear that one day when I attempt to take a shit, the shit will take me instead." 
"You wouldn't have won, if I hadn't loss, man."     "If you give a man an apple it'll keep the doctor away, but if you teach a man to apple he becomes a doctor for life" 

HDMI does not support 144hz. Max 120hz if your monitor supports it. You can run 144hz only with displayport or DVI-D

Screenshot_3.png

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Try reinstalling monitor drivers. 

I had just installed them yesterday when I tried doing this

"The best chapter of Naruto is when Goku helps Pikachu to prevent Spider-Man to drown at the Titanic." 
"I have a fear that one day when I attempt to take a shit, the shit will take me instead." 
"You wouldn't have won, if I hadn't loss, man."     "If you give a man an apple it'll keep the doctor away, but if you teach a man to apple he becomes a doctor for life" 

5 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

HDMI does not support 144hz. Max 120hz if your monitor supports it. You can run 144hz only with displayport or DVI-D

Screenshot_3.png

The problem that I'm having is that my max refresh rate is 60hz and the monitor can support 100hz 120hz and 144hz

Edited by SomePurpleRandom

12 minutes ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

The problem that I'm having is that my max refresh rate is 60hz

The Acer Monitor supports 144HZ only with DVI-D Cable.

It does not have a HDMI 2.0 Specification. It has a limited HDMI 1.4a Port. It doesn't matter if you use HDMI 2.0 Cable or not. 

That's why you can reach only 60HZ with HDMI cable.