Need help with a specific question -

I'm about to make my first DDR4 mobo purchase ratings and reviews have lead me to the -

*** Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 ***

i need to know about the - 

*** ASUS TUF Sabertooth z170s *** 

Which motherboard is supreme to the other?

My budget is $200 and below for the mobo alone. Please answer only if you have a DDR4 system and are experienced in XMP setup and execution. ASUS reps need not respond... 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, ChAZZBear85 said:

Need help with a specific question -

I'm about to make my first DDR4 mobo purchase ratings and reviews have lead me to the -

*** Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 ***

i need to know about the - 

*** ASUS TUF Sabertooth z170s *** 

Which motherboard is supreme to the other?

My budget is $200 and below for the mobo alone. Please answer only if you have a DDR4 system and are experienced in XMP setup and execution. ASUS reps need not respond... 

Thanks 

Only ddr4 board I have is the z170-a from asus (it was on sale plus it's black and white xD) What specfic feature are you looking for or is it just looks ? When it comes to mobos it really doesn't matter what brand you buy as they wont affect performance much if at all.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

It depends on what features you want and the color of your build 

It depends on if your going with the IO shield or not also MI 26 is right these day most boards are good depending on what you use it for.9_9  

If its the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 found here, then I'd just get it.

They both support 2 way SLI and 3 way Crossfire and have M.2.
It's on sale and $50 under the Asus. I'm also not a fan of the pure white board.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Ok it seems the features many of which are the same, one difference was the I/o fan/ cooling unit which is pretty nice on the ASUS .... I wasn't too worried about the colors though I like them both. they seem to both have very nice color schemes. my only issue was the positive reviews on the Gigabyte, and the surplus of negative reviews I have read about the ASUS. I want to be clear about something the ASUS I am referring to is the one with the ARPAT Snow digi-cammo and not the one with the armor shield. that being said I have had my own issues dealing with ASUS's costumer care RMA process etc. I want to say in the affirmative that I am leaning toward the Gigabyte but if someone has some ASUS/Gigabyte insider information, and a nice calculative persuasion to push me towards the ASUS.

Thanks for all the response you guys are great!!

10 minutes ago, ChAZZBear85 said:

but if someone has some ASUS/Gigabyte insider information, and a nice calculative persuasion to push me towards the ASUS.

If you don't quote, we wont know you responded.
Brand wise I prefer Asus. I've personally never had any issues with Asus products.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

44 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

If you don't quote, we wont know you responded.
Brand wise I prefer Asus. I've personally never had any issues with Asus products.

same here and that one time I had a problem they gave me a brand new Rampage board from their newest version

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)