Which cpu for gaming ?

Which cpu should i get for gaming a Intel Pentium g3258 or a AMD Athlon x4 845 ? please no amd and intel biasing just pure perfromance

Go with the intel u can upgrade to a better haswell i series cpu later, better upgrade path on the intel

5 minutes ago, BULLETBEEF | JA said:

Go with the intel u can upgrade to a better haswell i series cpu later, better upgrade path on the intel

I have no plans for the future im gonna be playing old games like minecraft, killing floor, left for dead, portal, half life, and maybe some of the older fallouts and gtas

7 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Btw the same is valid if both are overclocked. Future proofing is nice but think if its worth considering or not. On a low budget it may not be the best solution.

can i use a gtx 1050 mini with the athlon x4 845 ?

9 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Btw the same is valid if both are overclocked. Future proofing is nice but think if its worth considering or not. On a low budget it may not be the best solution.

also which motherboard which you recommend obviously budget ?

the G3258 is a great cpu and an amazing overclocker ,

it is true that the Athlon shud beat it , but you can upgrade up to a 4790k when you go w/ a 1150 board , the 860k is pretty much the highest on the amd board

depends , do you plan on upgrading the thing at all? if so go G3258

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list