Nvideon 290 (Titan X cooler + 290, I am so sorry xd)

TheRandomness

I have merged the competiton. Sorry for the potato pics, blame my iPad. The only reason I'm doing this is because I broke the original cooler (2/3 fans had died and I already had the Titan cooler sitting around) and me and a friend decided this would be the best worst thing to do. It actually started like, a few months ago xD

Getting the metal plate off the cooler to cool VRMs and whatnot (from an earlier project)

Spoiler

unspecified.jpg

unspecified (1).jpg

Spoiler

hah.jpg

IMG_6357.JPG

I'll take pictures of the various plates I used tomorrow as it's quite late now, and yes, it currently does display :D haven't tried with drivers though.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Um why? I mean i guess it will look cool, but you're getting worse performance? Or do you need the bragging rights that bad?

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Um why? I mean i guess it will look cool, but you're getting worse performance? Or do you need the bragging rights that bad?

Let me add an explanation to the OP.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Let me add an explanation to the OP.

coulda just cabled tied some new fans, but jokes aside if it works it will look sick, just gotta make sure no one looks at benchmarks/ the card itself too closely. Noise is going to be an interesting one. 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

coulda just cabled tied some new fans, but jokes aside if it works it will look sick, just gotta make sure no one looks at benchmarks/ the card itself too closely. Noise is going to be an interesting one. 

Had another card folding, there wasn't enough space xD I'm used to thermal throttling (after a like 5 different mounts with an AiO it still thermal throttled) and the card itself is kinda neutered (stock clocks require like +300~mV) and I really couldn't give a shit about noise :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Had another card folding, there wasn't enough space xD I'm used to thermal throttling (after a like 5 different mounts with an AiO it still thermal throttled) and the card itself is kinda neutered (stock clocks require like +300~mV) and I really couldn't give a shit about noise :D

How does the shroud mount to it, are you going to have to ghetto mount it, do the holes line up, or does it attach to the heat sink itself, i know my old 7970 did. 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

How does the shroud mount to it, are you going to have to ghetto mount it, do the holes line up, or does it attach to the heat sink itself, i know my old 7970 did. 

Needs ghetto mounting. Needs VRAM cooling plate. The shroud itself has a 4 mounting holes I can use, two at the front and back, and some L-brackets made from 4mm thick aluminium should solve that issue c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

A few updates. WARNING: Picture heavy :P

Spoiler

IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6487.JPGIMG_6488.JPGIMG_6489.JPGIMG_6490.JPG

Made a new mounting plate, and now the contact plate actually sits properly :P Now I just need to make a VRAM cooling plate, mount the fan and mount the shroud. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

• 3 weeks later...