Did i break my computer?

I was overclocking my 6700k to 5ghz cause i thought. "Well i got it to 4.8ghz with an extra half volt adding." 1.25v "could 1.28v get it to 5ghz?" No. just shut down my computer and now nothing loads. Did i break it or will it be fixed by waiting?

You've probably blown the VRM'S on the motherboard. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

have you cleared the cmos

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

5 GHZ??????? you never jump like that.... I had 1.45v on that cpu and couldent get 4.8 stable.... 4.7 was stable but hit 90c with water cooling. I was like nope let's do 4.7 and it was stable at like 1.25v. gotta take it IN little steps when u get up there.... chances are you got lucky and just made ur board glich out like hell. reseat ram and pci devices, unplug power suplly and discharge remaining power with power button. remove cMos battery or reset cmoS and try it another day. also a word of advice 

..... I don't think 5ghz is even possible oN that cpu unless ur doing liquid nitro 

rule number 1 in overclocking. Little steps.... and always remember there is always a small chance you could wreck somthing 

G

1 hour ago, TrueSparktron said:

Fixxed!!!

thanks.

also for that small steps thing. I got it to 4.8ghz stable at 1.275v. Still thanks :)

until you run a stress test or some applications xD lol thats way too low for such a high overclock, most people have to vcore @ 1.45 for such a high OC ;)

18 minutes ago, smokefest said:

G

until you run a stress test or some applications xD lol thats way too low for such a high overclock, most people have to vcore @ 1.45 for such a high OC ;)

^ ^ This.

Just set the voltage to 1.35v if you have a decent cooler and then see what you can get increasing the multi and running a couple stress test each time.

15 hours ago, DunePilot said:

^ ^ This.

Just set the voltage to 1.35v if you have a decent cooler and then see what you can get increasing the multi and running a couple stress test each time.

People nowadays : Set ratio 48X 

Boot windows : YEAAA I got a stable OC @ 4.8 ghz my cpu is a beast xD