Origin PC vs. Digital Storm

17 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

I wouldn't say 32GB of RAM is necessary for someone who closes stuff and then launches games. If you multitask a lot like I do and you hate closing stuff before launching games like I do, then 32GB is my recommendation.

If you're buying 32GB of the 3000MHz RAM, I suggest 4 x 8GB instead of 2 x 16GB. The 16GB sticks need Prema mod to be stable, and while you'll eventually get it if you buy from a Prema shop, you won't have it usable at that speed for quite some time.

I'm assuming you're using a Clevo. I don't know if MSIs or anything can use them easily.

I was planning on buying from LPC Digital which I believe is Prema and not Clevo (hopefully my noobness isn't showing right now).  Right now I'm looking at getting the P67ORS or the P870MD3 but I'm having trouble telling the difference between the two.  Even more so when you can customize them to have very similar specs o.O

1 minute ago, HCPS123 said:

I was planning on buying from LPC Digital which I believe is Prema and not Clevo (hopefully my noobness isn't showing right now).  Right now I'm looking at getting the P67ORS or the P870MD3 but I'm having trouble telling the difference between the two.  Even more so when you can customize them to have very similar specs o.O

They're all Clevo. Prema partners get Prema BIOS mods, that is all.

The P670RS and the P870DM3 are worlds different. The P670RS tops out at an i7-6820HK and 1070, both soldered. The P870DM3 tops out at an i7-6700K and 1080 SLI, and can use either 1080p or 1440p 120Hz panels, and is fully modular.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

5 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

They're all Clevo. Prema partners get Prema BIOS mods, that is all.

The P670RS and the P870DM3 are worlds different. The P670RS tops out at an i7-6820HK and 1070, both soldered. The P870DM3 tops out at an i7-6700K and 1080 SLI, and can use either 1080p or 1440p 120Hz panels, and is fully modular.

Ok so the processor and the screen is better in the P870DM3, both are which are very important in gaming so I definitely want to stick with the P870DM3.

Speaking of the screen what do you think about 4k screens on a laptop?  It's an additional 150 dollars and I'm not sure if it's worth that.  What do you think?  Also what does the forum think about the screen calibration option and the 90 day zero dead pixel guarantee?

1 minute ago, HCPS123 said:

Ok so the processor and the screen is better in the P870DM3, both are which are very important in gaming so I definitely want to stick with the P870DM3.

Speaking of the screen what do you think about 4k screens on a laptop?  It's an additional 150 dollars and I'm not sure if it's worth that.  What do you think?  Also what does the forum think about the screen calibration option and the 90 day zero dead pixel guarantee?

Screen calibration I can't speak of. 90 day zero dead pixel... I don't know. I have never really felt the need to take it, but I can't really say.

I think 4K is a worthless gimmick for gamers and it causes more problems than it fixes. I would not take it. 120Hz > higher res 60Hz as well for the purpose of gaming.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

2 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Screen calibration I can't speak of. 90 day zero dead pixel... I don't know. I have never really felt the need to take it, but I can't really say.

I think 4K is a worthless gimmick for gamers and it causes more problems than it fixes. I would not take it. 120Hz > higher res 60Hz as well for the purpose of gaming.

Understood.  Do you know what the difference is between the standard thermal compound and the Diamond Compound is?

Also what is this M.2 SSD Drive Slot 1?

1 hour ago, HCPS123 said:

Understood.  Do you know what the difference is between the standard thermal compound and the Diamond Compound is?

Also what is this M.2 SSD Drive Slot 1?

ICD is some of the best non-liquid-metal thermal paste. Though you'll want Liquid Ultra and a delid for your processor, I'm willing to bet.

M.2 is a format of storage drive. There are two SATA 3 drives and two M.2 drives on all the Clevo gaming models.

16 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

ICD is some of the best non-liquid-metal thermal paste. Though you'll want Liquid Ultra and a delid for your processor, I'm willing to bet.

M.2 is a format of storage drive. There are two SATA 3 drives and two M.2 drives on all the Clevo gaming models.

I'm looking at the customization page at the LPC store and there's no option for Liquid Ultra and a delid for that model.  The best they have is ICD :(

So from what I've read and understand, having an SSD in your M.2 slot greatly increases the speed of your processor.  Is this true and do you recommend me getting an SSD in the M.2 slot?  Or would just an SSD in the primary hard drive spot be fine by itself?

6 minutes ago, HCPS123 said:

I'm looking at the customization page at the LPC store and there's no option for Liquid Ultra and a delid for that model.  The best they have is ICD :(

So from what I've read and understand, having an SSD in your M.2 slot greatly increases the speed of your processor.  Is this true and do you recommend me getting an SSD in the M.2 slot?  Or would just an SSD in the primary hard drive spot be fine by itself?

Hence why we suggested HIDevolution.

You... should probably google SSDs. You're so far off it's not even funny, and I'm too sleepy to start explaining everything from scratch right now. Long story short, SSDs make your PC load things faster.

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

Hence why we suggested HIDevolution.

You... should probably google SSDs. You're so far off it's not even funny, and I'm too sleepy to start explaining everything from scratch right now. Long story short, SSDs make your PC load things faster.

I thought most people agreed that LPC Digital had better customer service :D;):)

Copy that, I'll start googling, sorry for keeping you up so late and thank you again for all of your help.

15 minutes ago, HCPS123 said:

I thought most people agreed that LPC Digital had better customer service :D;):)

Copy that, I'll start googling, sorry for keeping you up so late and thank you again for all of your help.

They're cheaper. And LPC may have some of the best direct customer service, certainly. HOWEVER. They don't make your laptop, and have little to do with any post-sale service (warranty, upgrades, etc). Sager does it. They are just a middleman. HID handles your laptop directly.