Watched "The girl with the dragon tattoo", the 2011 version.

FIXXX

Just finished watching. 

Will keep it without spoilers, if I can help it.

First, I rarely write about a movie - but when I do it's probably a pretty good one :)

Trailers is something that I avoid, always did. That is why I had zero expectations - IMO the best way to do it. 

The way I watch movies at home is very often with the fast-forward function close at hand - cliches annoy me and having too many in a quick-enough succession can end up in me turning it off and deleting it. Well, this movie has very few - and those live like bears in the woods, far from one another. ALMOST no fast-forwards used during the 2.5 hrs - :$ the only two were the bedroom scenes (not a prude, just felt iffy). 

Suspense! Nice sound-stage, nice acting, hard-hitting scenes are many more than those that aren't. 

Holy hell - Rooney Mara, at first that make-up was a little bit off putting - but eventually I've gotten to like her (bow chiki wow wow). Good genes there, Kate and Rooney. The change in her appearance when she doesn't want to be "there" is obvious - so when she does want to - it just works. ... ok getting too close to spoilers.

If you haven't seen it - do it, probably alone though - some graphic imagery that not everyone would be comfortable to watch, not to mention with someone else.

Spoiler

The change from her being totally off-put by his mere closeness - to actual sex felt too rushed. Then the part with the cigarette in front of the journal HQ, the disappointment when she was bringing the jacket - felt weak. Unrealistic. Perhaps that was the point, she is weak in her lack of social awareness in matters of the heart. *shrug*

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

They are planning a sequel but it's been too long so I end up watching the swedish one with English sub

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They are planning a sequel but it's been too long so I end up watching the swedish one with English sub

Feels like the character of Lisbeth Salander has some more to give. As long as they keep the romance to a minimum.

The sex was hot though, obviously - David Fincher ain't no slouch.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

3 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Feels like the character of Lisbeth Salander has some more to give. As long as they keep the romance to a minimum.

The sex was hot though, obviously - David Fincher ain't no slouch.

wait till you see the swedish one

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

wait till you see the swedish one

oo oo for realzies? I just might watch. For cinematography of course -_-

Loved the trilogy, haven't seen the US remake yet though, did they stick true to the story/vibe?  

7 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

Loved the trilogy, haven't seen the US remake yet though, did they stick true to the story/vibe?  

I can't say :( Don't know what the original was - but I now got the Swedish version and will see.