MEMORY MANAGEMENT bsod

So I keep getting the memory management bsod (Like 5 times today) and ran the windows (am in the process of running) memory test. I am only 18 percent throught and it says that there are "Hardware issues detected. Contact your computer manufacturer to resolve these issues.". I have emailed myself serveral times and still haven't come up with a solution. (Kidding. I'm not stupid.) I built it about 8 months ago and havent dropped it or anything ever. It hasnt even been moved recently. Specs are in my account/bio thing. Thanks in advance.

ERROR: VAR_TRAINOFTHOUGHT RETURN CHAR(MISSING)

RESTART  BRAINTHOUGHTS_MAJORGOOB.EXE?

Y                             N

~               

I had a very similar issue. The first thing I would do is let memtest86 Run fully. Use this website http://memtest.org/ if you haven't already. Once that completes. I would go stick by stick and either test those with Memtest86 or just see if it BSOD's.

I diagnosed a really similar memory management BSOD issue for something like 3 months. After 4 Kits of RMA'd ram it turned out to be the CPU's memory controller went bad.

Thanks!

Chris R.

4 minutes ago, MajorGoob said:

So I keep getting the memory management bsod (Like 5 times today) and ran the windows (am in the process of running) memory test. I am only 18 percent throught and it says that there are "Hardware issues detected. Contact your computer manufacturer to resolve these issues.". I have emailed myself serveral times and still haven't come up with a solution. (Kidding. I'm not stupid.) I built it about 8 months ago and havent dropped it or anything ever. It hasnt even been moved recently. Specs are in my account/bio thing. Thanks in advance.

Most likely faulty RAM. get it RMA'd and you should be fine

Hello

3 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Most likely faulty RAM. get it RMA'd and you should be fine

Something I forgot to mention, it comes and goes. This happened once several months ago and I just gave up on it and removed all power to the computer after shutting it down and left it overnight. It worked just fine in the morning and didnt do it until now. I really wanted to fix it but if thats what it comes to (because I need the computer for school. Dont want ridiculous rma times.) I will do the same.

~               

Well if you really want some in depth help you could post over in the troubleshooting sub-forum and upload the dump files from the BSOD's. Usually somebody can point to what is causing the actual problem.

I would just recommend going stick by stick, after the entire memtest86 completes if you are still running it. Or if you have the spare parts, just swap in another kit if you are looking for a quick fix.

Thanks!

Chris R.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R. said:

Well if you really want some in depth help you could post over in the troubleshooting sub-forum and upload the dump files from the BSOD's. Usually somebody can point to what is causing the actual problem.

I would just recommend going stick by stick, after the entire memtest86 completes if you are still running it. Or if you have the spare parts, just swap in another kit if you are looking for a quick fix.

Hmmmm.... I dont have any spare kits that would be adequate to swap.... Also it seems to only happen when I am in a skype call. And its not on startup. Just randomly. Sorry. I keep remembering little things here and there that seem to make this problem unique to the ones I have read about.

~               

7 hours ago, MajorGoob said:

Hmmmm.... I dont have any spare kits that would be adequate to swap.... Also it seems to only happen when I am in a skype call. And its not on startup. Just randomly. Sorry. I keep remembering little things here and there that seem to make this problem unique to the ones I have read about.

Try using 1 stick at a time in different sockets as best you can. You could always order a cheap kit on amazon and return it when you have finished testing.

Skype is also very buggy so it could be a problem with Skype. Does this happen with any other programs and try to think of the things you do before it shuts down.

Hello

9 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Try using 1 stick at a time in different sockets as best you can. You could always order a cheap kit on amazon and return it when you have finished testing.

Skype is also very buggy so it could be a problem with Skype. Does this happen with any other programs and try to think of the things you do before it shuts down.

It only happens when I am sharing screens on skype. I also occasionally get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL occasionally. But not often. I appeared to have fixed it by updating drivers. Thanks for the help!

~