I think I have a virus

QuantumBit

Hi so I recently got my old PC fixed, and I think they might of put a virus. 

I fixed it around a month ago and everything was fine until yesterday. Randomly cmd promp opens and says "Disabled by an administrator" I thought it was a glitch so I just ignored it. I saw it again today and I got worried so I looked up how to fix it. I tried regedit and it says "disabled by an administrator" I cant change that because gpedit.mcs "doesnt exist" or doesnt have the right name. Any help? I'm running Windows 7

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

4 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

I fixed it around a month ago and everything was fine until yesterday. Randomly cmd promp opens and says "Disabled by an administrator" I thought it was a glitch so I just ignored it. I saw it again today and I got worried so I looked up how to fix it. I tried regedit and it says "disabled by an administrator" I cant change that because gpedit.mcs "doesnt exist" or doesnt have the right name. Any help? I'm running Windows 7

This doesn't seem normal but it's gpedit.msc instead of mcs first of all in case you typo in run command. 

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

So I ran malwarebytes and 10 threats found all stealing trojans. Deleted them all and cmd prompt ran fine. It was probably downloaded when my mom watched novelas online and she clicked something 

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Just now, QuantumBit said:

Do you have any antivirus protection? i would recommend downloading the following and scanning your system, but do not scan at the same time,

Scan 1 :https://buy.malwarebytes.com/bundle/uk/?ht=malware&lz_c=g-nx01-uk&lz_s=132b.g25&lz_t=%2Banti %2Bmalware&t=kwd-20332335038&pos=1t1&url=https://buy.malwarebytes.com&gclid=CNnxx-jnxtACFaEL0wodRMkFKA download and scan with free version unless it has a trial, use it

Scan 2 : http://www.superantispyware.com/

download free version and do a complete scan 

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

2 minutes ago, tomoki said:

This doesn't seem normal but it's gpedit.msc instead of mcs first of all in case you typo in run command. 

Yea sorry I was typing this on my laptop I didn't know the exact thing but malwarebytes fixed everything :) 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Yea sorry I was typing this on my laptop I didn't know the exact thing but malwarebytes fixed everything :) 

Just going to add one thing. If malware bytes isn't strong enough, use something called ComboFix.exe. You'll find it easily. It looks sketchy as hell when and if you run it but it's the most powerful malware remover I've come across. Apparently pros use it too. I didn't know until years later that they did. The only downside to it is that you may have to reinstall a couple drivers but you get a functional computer. 

Just now, tomoki said:

Just going to add one thing. If malware bytes isn't strong enough, use something called ComboFix.exe. You'll find it easily. It looks sketchy as hell when and if you run it but it's the most powerful malware remover I've come across. Apparently pros use it too. I didn't know until years later that they did. The only downside to it is that you may have to reinstall a couple drivers but you get a functional computer. 

Ok thanks!

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Try a scan with superantispyware, to make sure you have no adware too  if it finds nothing i guarantee it will remove, lots of tracking cookies for you glad to hear malware solved it though :)

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

1 minute ago, Dannykins said:

Try a scan with superantispyware, to make sure you have no adware too  if it finds nothing i guarantee it will remove, lots of tracking cookies for you glad to hear malware solved it though :)

Will do thank you!

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

tbh, if I suspect I have a malware problem I resort to a factory reset eventually and treat lightly while using the machine.

Antivirus does not detect everything and you should never assume it will. Moreover, never do illegal or risky things like watch free movies on a computer which you have passwords and do work on.

I don't recommend you watch movies illegally but if you do, NEVER do it on a computer which you care about. And of course I would always recommend the use of virtual machines; though even they can have loopholes which potentially put the host OS at risk. Malware can cross into different user profiles so everyone using the same computer is risky. Especially if some are doing illegal stuff. It's a lot cheaper to just pay for what you want to watch than risk identity fraud or theft of money or data.

Now as for your issue, I always tell everyone to run Linux from a live cd and then install ClamAV and "Avast for Linux!" and perform a scan. Windows based anti virus can get compromised.