Studio Monitors

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
7 minutes ago, OTheB said:

What studio monitors do people like? I'm looking into a new set as I only have a very basic set at the moment and I'll need a new set when I start properly setting up with an audio interface. I've seen the Tannoy Reveal 802 and have used Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Pro Actives and they look good, but I'm rather stuck for ideas. I'm working in a rather small room and the speakers go rather close to the wall so size and volume aren't huge factors to take into account. As long as they aren't huge and they have a nice flat frequency response and can work well in rather tight spots then I'm good.

Thanks for any help.

LSR305's are screaming cheap on Amazon right now if they look like a decent choice. They're flat-ish, but have more low-end than most speakers. Not really in an emphasized way, just they actually reveal lower frequencies.

What studio monitors do people like? I'm looking into a new set as I only have a very basic set at the moment and I'll need a new set when I start properly setting up with an audio interface. I've seen the Tannoy Reveal 802 and have used Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Pro Actives and they look good, but I'm rather stuck for ideas. I'm working in a rather small room and the speakers go rather close to the wall so size and volume aren't huge factors to take into account. As long as they aren't huge and they have a nice flat frequency response and can work well in rather tight spots then I'm good.

Thanks for any help.

1 minute ago, kwiksilver said:

I forget the name but I've seen some stunning large, (I think 4k... maybe.) curved monitors. 

We're talking audio here.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

7 minutes ago, OTheB said:

Thanks for any help.

LSR305's are screaming cheap on Amazon right now if they look like a decent choice. They're flat-ish, but have more low-end than most speakers. Not really in an emphasized way, just they actually reveal lower frequencies.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

These look great. A little bigger than my current ones, but I can see these working very nicely. Thanks.

1 minute ago, OTheB said:

These look great. A little bigger than my current ones, but I can see these working very nicely. Thanks.

I have mine on speaker stands and they sound fantastic for the price that I got them (technically got one for free since Amazon accidentally sent me two in new condition when I was supposed to receive one in used condition but eh). Got them for $108 for one, cannot freaking believe you can get one used for 70-something dollars.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||