Which video card

Right now my two options are asus strix and evga sc gtx 1080. I've heard bad things about Asus customer service, which originally put me off, so I chose evga. However, I've been reading about a lot of problems with the evga cards which is making me second guess.

2 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

Right now my two options are asus strix and evga sc. I've heard bad things about Asus customer service, which originally put me off, so I chose evga. However, I've been reading about a lot of problems with the evga cards which is making me second guess.

But like. Which cards? Asus Strix spans many different cards and generation, same with the EVGA SC.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

1 minute ago, Bangflop said:

But like. Which cards? Asus Strix spans many different cards and generation, same with the EVGA SC.

Sorry. GTX 1080

From what I understand, EVGA cards had an issue a couple months back but they have since fixed them and I have not personally experienced either ASUS, or EVGA support so I can't help you there but in terms of just the card, you really couldn't go wrong with either one because they are both very good cards.

On a side note, I would possibly think about holding off on getting the 1080 a couple weeks/months to see what the GTX 1080Ti is going to be like, assuming you have a GPU that is holding you above water currently. 

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

10 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

what card?

gtx 1080. Sorry about that

6 minutes ago, Bangflop said:

From what I understand, EVGA cards had an issue a couple months back but they have since fixed them and I have not personally experienced either ASUS, or EVGA support so I can't help you there but in terms of just the card, you really couldn't go wrong with either one because they are both very good cards.

On a side note, I would possibly think about holding off on getting the 1080 a couple weeks/months to see what the GTX 1080Ti is going to be like, assuming you have a GPU that is holding you above water currently. 

I do not. This is my first build, and I probably won't have the cash for a 1080 ti. Besides, 1080 is enough for me for a while

1 minute ago, prostrike33 said:

I do not. This is my first build, and I probably won't have the cash for a 1080 ti. Besides, 1080 is enough for me for a while

Oh yeah, if this is your first build you really can't go wrong with either one IMO so I would say just do Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and buy whichever one you land on :D