Lego Star Wars II Performing Unsatisfactorally

WFMG

Hello! I was bored of my Steam games this evening, and I decided to install LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy on my PC. I wasn't expecting it to work, as many games had already failed me. Nonetheless, it ran.

I run a 4K monitor with an R9 390, 16 gigs of DDR3, and an i5-4690K. I can play GTA V on decent settings and get a consistent 60 FPS. This game, however, does not like being maxed out. It ran very poorly, basically unplayably, and it's not fun at all.

I don't understand what the problem is, but my prominent guess has been that it only lets my iGPU render the game because perhaps it doesn't recognise my 390. I don't know what could be done about this, nor if this is the problem, but I am not happy with this.

I'm also wondering why GTA V is so much slower these days. No matter the resolution or settings, I get a lot of frame drops and weird frame timings. I haven't had these problems with any other games, and my PC seems just fine. I just don't see why it's lagging when it's not being fully utilised. I know my storage isn't full, and I'm concerned it might be something to do with my Games HDD. It's not brand new, but it's a perfectly fine drive, as far as I know. Is 5400RPM enough?

This became a whole slue of questions, and if you need more info, I'll provide it when I can. :)

Maybe it's just an optimization issue or possibly it could be that Star Wars 2 isn't that well optimized for 4K resolutions so the hardware might be confused.

Also GTA V is just full of hackers on the servers which need a super computer to run also I don't think that an R9 390 is the best choice for GTA V at 4K I would recommend getting something like a GTX 1070.

10 minutes ago, kirby99_2016 said:

Maybe it's just an optimization issue or possibly it could be that Star Wars 2 isn't that well optimized for 4K resolutions so the hardware might be confused.

Also GTA V is just full of hackers on the servers which need a super computer to run also I don't think that an R9 390 is the best choice for GTA V at 4K I would recommend getting something like a GTX 1070.

I didn't choose this for 4K. I got this, then I got the 4K monitor. I am going to upgrade to the 1080Ti when it launches. I only play GTA V on singleplayer.