Does the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB have RGB lighting?

Freezanator
Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,
4 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Snip

There are no lights whatsoever on this model of GPU. There may be a white LED near the power connector to show when the power cables are properly seated and good/stable power delivery is underway (gigabyte likes to do this on some of their GPU's) but that is the extent of any lighting it may have (and even then i don't think this model has that feature)

Based on foreign's gaming tech's Which GTX 1060 to buy? 35 different cards compared video, he provided a link below to a spreadsheet comparing all 35 different models of the GTX 1060. Now, the spreadsheet stated that the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB has "partial" RGB lighting although the card's product page says nothing at all about lighting of any sort. Is this true? Does this card come with at least a little lighting? HERE's the spreadsheet of all the GTX 1060s. Thanks! :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Its referring (i think) the to gigabyte logo on the top, thats the only part that even lights up.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Snip

link to the exact model in question please.

Just now, RKRiley said:

Its referring (i think) the to gigabyte logo on the top, thats the only part that even lights up.

The logo on the backplate or the smaller one beside the power connector? :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

Just now, Freezanator said:

The logo on the backplate or the smaller one beside the power connector? :) 

Neither, just noticed the windforce OC doesnt even have a logo which can light up. stupid google showing pictures for the g1 gaming edition when i search windforce oc edition ;-;

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

link to the exact model in question please.

How dare you put words (or at least word) into my mouth! :P Here you go. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

OH this one lights up, apparantly https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KHWOAR4/?tag=pcp0f-21
or atleast it does in this guys build. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/4cQV3C

Too many different pictures, much confuse.

Snip

There are no lights whatsoever on this model of GPU. There may be a white LED near the power connector to show when the power cables are properly seated and good/stable power delivery is underway (gigabyte likes to do this on some of their GPU's) but that is the extent of any lighting it may have (and even then i don't think this model has that feature)

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

OH this one lights up, apparantly https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KHWOAR4/?tag=pcp0f-21
or atleast it does in this guys build. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/4cQV3C

Too many different pictures, much confuse.

Where in the first link does it say that the card will light up? By the way, in the second link, its a Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming (see the box in the first pic of his build) and probably its just a mistake in the parts list. :( 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

That's a bummer. Well, at least the backplate looks the best compared to the ones that have RGB like the GTX 1060 D5 and the GTX 1060 G1 Gaming (both from Gigabyte). :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

So, @Zyndo and @RKRiley does the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB have any sort of lighting? Both of you went AFK lol :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

So, @Zyndo and @RKRiley does the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB have any sort of lighting? Both of you went AFK lol :) 

I already answered your question:

29 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

There are no lights whatsoever on this model of GPU

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I already answered your question:

Ok thanks! I probably didn't read everything thoroughly enough. By the way, how did you know the GPU doesn't have any lighting whatsoever? Just curious. Thanks again! :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

5 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Ok thanks! I probably didn't read everything thoroughly enough. By the way, how did you know the GPU doesn't have any lighting whatsoever? Just curious. Thanks again! :) 

by doing my own research and using youtube/google/pcpartpicker instead of asking a forum about it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CfKZxr

check the pictures there. in a system that is functioning and on, the GPU has no lightup effects whatsoever (picture 3 shows you a good example).

• 1 year later...