pc upgrade pattern

question if you upgrade a pc (lets say it a potato) and you want a gaming pc but those pre bult are to expencive and you decide to make one your own 

so obvusly first you get a graphics card but what if you have a computer at least 30-40 years old cuse it wase past on from generation to generation what whould you need to upgrade first?

if you were on a low budget and you whould about 1000€ of pay check and could buy one thing every month/year 

SO what are the thing that you need to upgrade first . you need a better at least 500w power suply to power a better mother board and a gpu , cpu , storage , cpu fan and all those fancy light you throw on it?

then a mother board? cpu? gpu? storage? more lights?

I would say it depends of what you have.

Not having anything decent, you will probably need to replace everything, so maybe starting with integrated graphics by buying like a 300$ "base pc" and later down the road buy a GPU

If you have somthing like an fairly recent i3 and 4+ GB of RAM, i'd say GPU first (something like a RX460/ GTX 950/1050)

9 minutes ago, Nastier said:

I would say it depends of what you have.

Not having anything decent, you will probably need to replace everything, so maybe starting with integrated graphics by buying like a 300$ "base pc" and later down the road buy a GPU

If you have somthing like an fairly recent i3 and 4+ GB of RAM, i'd say GPU first (something like a RX460/ GTX 950/1050)

so lets say i want a better cpu wich one do you recomend for newer games?

hows the i7 6850k?

For gaming, 6600k (or 6700k if budget allows) are enough. You don't need 6 cores for gaming, especially considering the higher price.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

This CPU is like 450$ plus you will need a X99 (expensive) motherboard

An i5 6500 will be good since it's a quad core chip, but it's about 200$ so it depends on your budget really

30-40 year old PCs in good condition could as well pay for new one. Those are relics :D And yeah, it depends. If you'd have something from DDR1 era as base, I wouldn't bother doing anything but take it to recycling center. DDR2 era is already better as something like Q6600 is still nice for basic use. Drives from that era are bit slow, but usable. DDR3 and you can already start with GPU and be happy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv