Google Play

Hey Everyone,

Looking to make the switch from Itunes to Google Play. I have used Itunes for years. I understand how Google play works and that your music is saved to the cloud and you can also download it for offline play for both your PC and mobile phone. What I dont understand is what do you use to play the music while offline. Do most people just use windows media player or is there a google desktop app for that?

Thank you 

Are we talking about Windows OS? Mac OS? Linux OS? Android OS? iOS? Windows Phone OS?

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Are we talking about Windows OS? Mac OS? Linux OS? Android OS? iOS? Windows Phone OS?

my bad.. Windows OS

10 minutes ago, Crashbash111 said:

I don't use Google Play music myself, but I'm pretty sure they have an app that syncs the music offline. You'll probably still have to use the web player I'd assume though. That's just my thoughts anyway.

https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/manager

Yea I seen that. Just want to figure out how it would would if I have no internet connection and cant get to the web player. I would have the music files just no player for them.

1 minute ago, Muleworx said:

my bad.. Windows OS

The file downloaded will be .mp3 and can be opened by various players. Win 10 by default has Groove Music or Windows Media Player. Other 3rd party apps are WinAmp (discontinued), AIMP (what I use) and some others.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The file downloaded will be .mp3 and can be opened by various players. Win 10 by default has Groove Music or Windows Media Player. Other 3rd party apps are WinAmp (discontinued), AIMP (what I use) and some others.

Ah gotcha.. Was hoping Google had an offline version of their player. Now you have to manage two apps...?