Is this a good first Gaming PC build + any tips?

Go to solution Solved by jaffacakes,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($113.38 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($239.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $595.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 17:02 EST-0500

Here's a slightly modified version of yours.

What I switched:
GPU - the 6GB version will give you bit of a boost with games
PSU - the one you chose isn't particularly good

Case - you chose an ATX case, but your motherboard is mATX (meaning it's of a smaller form factor) -it would work, but it would also look kind of odd.

MoBo - went for a cheaper one to save some money, as you probably won't need the extra features the other one had (this has the standard essentials).

You can buy Win10 off of kinguin.net, that'll save you $70-80 (buy off of highly rated sellers).

I have finished the final stages of planning and I hope to start buying parts during the upcoming Black Friday / Cyber Monday week. This is a budget build and I chose the parts based on quality, compatibility and good reviews not necessarily price for performance. My limit was $600 USD  not including the $100 dollar windows 10. Tell me what you think and do you have any tips for a first time builder?

i forgot to mention this will be meant for gaming in games like Battlefield 1, Dayz, and GTA V

My build idea:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RMVcRG

PS. Im new to the forums dont know if this is the right place

4 minutes ago, jbeach1 said:

I have finished the final stages of planning and I hope to start buying parts during the upcoming Black Friday / Cyber Monday week. This is a budget build and I chose the parts based on quality, compatibility and good reviews not necessarily price for performance. My limit was $600 USD  not including the $100 dollar windows 10. Tell me what you think and do you have any tips for a first time builder?

My build idea:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RMVcRG

PS. Im new to the forums dont know if this is the right place

Hey, OP.

It looks good to me, minus the PSU. Also, you can find places to get WinX for a lot less than retail

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

You have a good idea but to help you more I'd like to know what exactly you'll be doing on it, gaming, work?

But your power supply is a little too beefy maybe shave off 50W or so.

P.S. Pro tip AMD processors are usually cheaper

Many people view me as a chimera, I may or may not exist...

Just now, Vintaage said:

You have a good idea but to help you more I'd like to know what exactly you'll be doing on it, gaming, work?

True.

OP might want to look into the new APU's and then save money for a 1070 or something for a year.

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

8 minutes ago, Vintaage said:

I will just about completely be gaming

1 minute ago, jbeach1 said:

Okay, yeah then you good except the power supply

Many people view me as a chimera, I may or may not exist...

1 minute ago, jbeach1 said:

Go for the new AMD APU's that just came out. With the included Wraith cooler you can get killer OCs and much cheaper costs for nearly double the performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($113.38 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($239.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $595.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 17:02 EST-0500

Here's a slightly modified version of yours.

What I switched:
GPU - the 6GB version will give you bit of a boost with games
PSU - the one you chose isn't particularly good

Case - you chose an ATX case, but your motherboard is mATX (meaning it's of a smaller form factor) -it would work, but it would also look kind of odd.

MoBo - went for a cheaper one to save some money, as you probably won't need the extra features the other one had (this has the standard essentials).

You can buy Win10 off of kinguin.net, that'll save you $70-80 (buy off of highly rated sellers).

Just now, jbeach1 said:

Should I go with the EVGA 450 B or CX450?

CX450, EVGA if you can't.