What gimbal should I get?

Sorry you didn't specify...

Cinematography answer:

If they are just being used to steady your camera during handheld shoots, no. The more contact points the more control you will have, the G40 has two hand holds while the crane has only one. Not to say a one handed gimbal is worse it just provides a different, generally less preferable, look to a shoot.

Action cam:

If your goal is to make videos of you hiking/racing/etc. The crane is the only option. That kind of video is it's intention (the promotional video is even people taking video of a hike). Having both hands on a mount while trying to do go-pro worthy feats in generally unadvisable.

2 hours ago, EminentSun said:

Sorry you didn't specify...

Cinematography answer:

If they are just being used to steady your camera during handheld shoots, no. The more contact points the more control you will have, the G40 has two hand holds while the crane has only one. Not to say a one handed gimbal is worse it just provides a different, generally less preferable, look to a shoot.

Action cam:

If your goal is to make videos of you hiking/racing/etc. The crane is the only option. That kind of video is it's intention (the promotional video is even people taking video of a hike). Having both hands on a mount while trying to do go-pro worthy feats in generally unadvisable.

I'm looking to get a gimbal that I can use for getting shots of cars without needing a slider or anything like that. So I will go with the first one.

Thanks a lot.