losing speed if connected to the router.

mokanez

Hi guys, I just have a quick question about home networking.

So currently my home network builds up from a modem and also a router, also my bandwith speed is 120mbps. So here comes my "confusion" if I connect directly my PC to the modem its all fine made a speed test with it resaults: 123.96 down / 10.44 up ping was 8.
BUT when i connect the modem to the router all seems fine but when I did a speedtest it was just 93.90 down / 10.53 up ping was 7. and Im just not sure this is normal to have speed loss..Im actually not a potato router settings all fine also checked the cables all cat.5e atleast/6 also was trying to change the cable between the modem and router for a better type what I knew its realy cat.5e so everything should support 100mbps+ speed but even after I did this just got the speed slightly increased to 94.87 down / 10.43 up and the ping was 7.

So as I just said before my question is that to find out is this normal or some settings should be changed or what else should I do? As I said if I connect directly to the modem everythings fine cable/modem/pc. 

and I would like to ask that too what do you guys think about Qos (quality of service) is it worth to set? Would this function will help if Im streaming on twitch.tv if others useing the internet tooin that time? such as like watching videos/movies or useing Torrent, or its just better to leave it disabled.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Bestregards,

What is the model of the router?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, mokanez said:

Okay so I See whats the problem.. I just checked and my router (asus rt-n12+) has only 100mbps ports...
so I have to change it. But then can somebody explain to me why is it say that it has 300mbps "speed" ?

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN12Plus/

The 300Mbps speed is for wireless speeds on the local network.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: