Replaced psu and used a special 12 pin to 24 pin connector

Rock04

I have an Acer (Gateway DX4885-UB3A)

saw on Amazon a 24 pin motherboard connector to Crazy Acer 12 pin. In fact in comments the connector was given 5  stars for this same PSU purchase and MB. Now back together added GPU BUT NO POWER. HELP, where do I start triage

8 minutes ago, Rock04 said:

I have an Acer (Gateway DX4885-UB3A)

saw on Amazon a 24 pin motherboard connector to Crazy Acer 12 pin. In fact in comments the connector was given 5  stars for this same PSU purchase and MB. Now back together added GPU BUT NO POWER. HELP, where do I start triage

What are the specs?

Double check all of the psu connection, and make sure that it is plugged in, and a monitor connected, and ram seated properly. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

the older PSU to the motherboard had 2 connections the 12 pin to the motherboard and a 4 pin to the motherboard.  the power to the HHD and DVD are through the motherboard as well.  The oddest setup ever. I am thinking that the 12 pin to 24 pin adapter maybe in wrong.  the four pin adapter seems to go in only one way from looking at the pins.  So dam frustrating, I should have left the PSU alone and just bought a 1050Ti instead of trying to use my older GPU.