Purchasing from Amazon

itainted

Hi everyone,

I'm residing in singapore and recently i watched the handy tech vid on youtube and wanted to purchase it but the problem is amazon doesn't ship to Singapore. I am also new to shopping at amazon if someone could guide me that would be lovely.

Just now, itainted said:

Hi everyone,

I'm residing in singapore and recently i watched the handy tech vid on youtube and wanted to purchase it but the problem is amazon doesn't ship to Singapore. I am also new to shopping at amazon if someone could guide me that would be lovely.

Do you have relatives who live outside the country and could order it and send it to you?

1 minute ago, GalacticRuler said:

Do you have relatives who live outside the country and could order it and send it to you?

Sadly I don't.

11 minutes ago, itainted said:

Hi everyone,

what are you trying to buy? if they don't ship to singapore then try some other stores?

2 minutes ago, itainted said:

Photo attached.

You will just have to buy it from another store then.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

26 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Bro. I'm in SG and buy from Amazon all the time. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201214770

Now obviously not all items ship out of the US, let alone sold and ship by Amazon (which is a requirement for the free shipping) 

For cheap,  simple items you're better off buying locally (from Sim Lim maybe) as the price disparity isn't as big. 

But for higher value items it is almost always way cheaper from Amazon because you don't have pay the local seller's absurd rent and a cut to every other person along the distribution chain.

Don't support local businesses. Support efficient businesses. Just be mindful the 7% GST comes into play if the total value of a single incoming parcel exceeds SGD $400. If it does, break up your order if it means saving more than any shipping cost. 

Electronics are one of the things I always get as local prices are complete ripoff. Only thing I wish they were more price competitive with Newegg on big ticket items like graphics cards. 

Hmm but this looks more durable and lasting so thought of getting it

25 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

You will just have to buy it from another store then.

Hmm don't think have in my country.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

If you really want that item and willing to pay for shipping, you can use the services of Borderlinx.

They provide you with a US address for Amazon to deliver to (which is Borderlinx's warehouse) and then will ship it in for you. They also have a concierge service where they send someone in person to make the purchase on your behalf by hand, if say the seller does does not ship to Borderlinx. 

Is there anyway we can communicate and guide me along on purchasing??

3 hours ago, Jeffy said:

If it is going to cost you extra then why not wait a little more for the actually sales day and then use the saved money on shipping? just a thought!

Doesn't really bother me about the price though, just wanna get it and clean up my messy table for good haha!

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Its pretty straight forward. Just register an account with Borderlinx and they will give you the address of their warehouse for use as your address when buying an item over there. Upon receiving the item you can then get Borderlinx to ship it to you.

Do i have to enter the /DHL as well?

Is that a prompt after registering an account? Not sure what you mean.

Address 1320-7527 Borderlinx/DHL
4505 Honeywell Court (Door 31)
City Dayton
State OH
Postcode 45424-5760
Country United States
Tel +19378896246

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yup provide the address in full when placing your order. 

only after removing /DHL then amazon lets me update the shipping address. so i just proceeded without the /DHL wonder if its alright now lolol

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

It should be ok. As long as the postal code is there it should get delivered. 

alright so now i have another problem, for the ZIP, they only allow me to enter up to 5 digits so for my zip shown in the address above, do i enter 45424 or 5760?

37 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Enter it like this:

Hide contents

4505 Honeywell Court, Door 31

Borderlinx/DHL 1320-7527

DAYTON

OH

45424-5760

United States

+1 (937) 889 6246

Click [Save & Continue]

It will say the street name or number appears incorrect

Click [Save & Continue] again anyway

And it should now accept the address.

thanks! haha but for the other website i wanna buy thing from, dollar shave club, the ZIP only let me input up to 5 digits so i was thinking heck it i fill in 45424 and left out 5760 instead.

Yes if it only accepts 5 digits, its the first 5 digits

Sweet! haha thanks alot! Very much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2016 at 3:35 PM, Jeffy said:

Cool, then I think you are gonna get it pretty soon :D

yeaps got all my stuff from amazon last week! Happy shopping!