Full screen video not working on second display

So I just bought a HP 27es monitor to plug into my MSI gs63vr. I have it plugged into it via HDMI and set to Extended Display. However any time I try to watch a full screen video the screen goes blank. I have tried with Chrome and IE, youtube, netflix, ect. The videos play fine until I go full screen. This happens on both the laptop display and the external. I have the latest drivers for the gtx 1060 and have messed with the settings as well, making sure the resolutions are set to 1080, changing the primary display and can't get it working. Also even if I set it to only display on the second monitor it does not work either.

any help would be appreciated

Edit: I was able to get a full screen video to play by unplugging the HDMI and starting the video on my laptop, going full screen, and then plugging the HDMI back in. It will stay in full screen and continue to play fine until and exit and try going back.   

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I think it's a problem switching between the iGPU and dGPU, not sure why though

hm.......try setting chrome to run off the dGPU in Nvidia Control Panel

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and nothing changed however :(

Ok so I got it working. If anyone else has this problem I had to disabled hardware acceleration in chrome. It's under Settings> Show Advanced Settings> System- Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available". Not sure why it works or how to do it in other browsers but I'm glad I finally figured it out.