How to start my PC from scratch

ChalzZy

Heya guys,

I currently have a 1tb hard drive in my pc and I wish to make it my secondary as I want to reinstall windows onto a new 200gb SSD.

I'm also going to be changing motherboards which means I'll have a brand new BIOS. (This is just for future proofing reasons)

How should I go about this? How do I wipe my Hard Drive and set it up so it's safe to put it into a new setup without clashing with any other files?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ChalzZy said:

Heya guys,

I currently have a 1tb hard drive in my pc and I wish to make it my secondary as I want to reinstall windows onto a new 200gb SSD.

I'm also going to be changing motherboards which means I'll have a brand new BIOS. (This is just for future proofing reasons)

How should I go about this? How do I wipe my Hard Drive and set it up so it's safe to put it into a new setup without clashing with any other files?

Thanks!

When you install Windows, there will be a disk manager that allows you to choose which hard drive to use for the install (so you SSD in this case), and also allows to format any drive that is connected in your case.

Also, be sure to make a backup of your files before formatting.

2 minutes ago, Nashiwa said:

When you install Windows, there will be a disk manager that allows you to choose which hard drive to use for the install (so you SSD in this case), and also allows to format any drive that is connected in your case.

Also, be sure to make a backup of your files before formatting.

How about if I want to completely wipe the hard drive?

1 minute ago, ChalzZy said:

That's what I mean. Plug your SSD, backup your hard drive on an external drive, start a new windows install, then when you get to the disk manager during the install you choose the SSD as the installation drive and you format the HDD at the same time.

1 minute ago, ChalzZy said:

just install the operating system on it; it will wipe.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_