Cheers luv! My entry for the AMD E-Sports Battle, UK vs Germany by Maki Role (Update 30/11/16)

Maki Role

Hello everybody!

So earlier in the year, AMD approached me asking whether I would be interested in taking part in a themed mod "battle" to help promote the new RX 470. Well I've never even done a themed build before, never mind one in a head to head competition! I'll be competing against Jens Schwalbe of BIRD Customs, so it'll be no mean feat. I will be representing the UK and Jens Germany.

I'd like to thank everybody at AMD involved in setting up this competition, along with all the companies who were willing to sponsor gear for it. So a big hand to Thermaltake, Asus RoG, Gigabyte and Corsair for each providing hardware that will be going into the build.

Banner.jpg

As you can see, my theme for this build will be Overwatch. Whilst I don't like playing the game itself much, I do like the art style. So without further ado, here are the first photos of the kit going inside!

I'm going to be using Thermaltake's new View 27 chassis for this build. IMO it's a beautiful case, plus the internal layout is very tidy.

DSC_8586.jpg

DSC_8589.jpg

DSC_8591.jpg

Thermaltake also supplied the cooling gear for this rig along with the PSU.

DSC_8593.jpg

DSC_8600.jpg

Lots of RGB going into this build, including all the fans and fittings!

DSC_8596.jpg

DSC_8599.jpg

Every build deserves an RGB power supply of course haha

DSC_8611.jpg

DSC_8613.jpg

Gigabyte have supplied the build with an FX990-Gaming. No RGB unfortunately yet on AMD's boards from them, but this is very pretty anyhow. Love the PCIe slots and the super matte PCB. An FX 8370e will be going into this board.

DSC_8601.jpg

DSC_8602.jpg

DSC_8603.jpg

More RGB goodness in the form of Asus' Strix RX 470. Great cooler on this card, was nice and quiet even under full load. Perhaps not waterblock level, but you can't complain for one at this budget end.

DSC_8607.jpg

DSC_8608.jpg

Corsair insisted on sending some Dominator Platinum DDR3 for the build. Perhaps doesn't quite fit in with the other specs (bar watercooling) but like I'd refuse an offer like that, many thanks!

DSC_8614.jpg

DSC_8620.jpg

DSC_8627.jpg

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Looks like it could be a fun build! Will there be videos too?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Looks like it could be a fun build! Will there be videos too?

Quite possibly, I'm toying with the idea of including them in my future logs.  Got the kit, just need the time and inclination haha

• 2 weeks later...

First progress for this mod!

First step of any build, testing the hardware. This case is really so easy to build in. Only took a few minutes to get it like this.
DSC_9105.jpg

Hardware now extracted, case ready to be worked on
DSC_9110.jpg

Where we're going we don't need PSU shrouds...
DSC_9111.jpg

Nor rear IO panels... 

DSC_9112.jpg

Definitely won't be needing these
DSC_9114.jpg

And not this bit either. This will be sanded smooth later.
DSC_9117.jpg

So seemingly a small update but woah it took longer than anticipated. Been so packed over the last few days I haven't been able to put in the time I'd like. Trying to get the front panel all sorted before moving on to the rest of the case.

DSC_9119.jpg

DSC_9121.jpg

DSC_9122.jpg

And yes, it is insulated don't worry

DSC_9125.jpg