Shure SE215 static

Darkmatter35

Recently bought a pair of Shure se215's for my daily driver earphones. I am coming from multiple pairs of cheap skullcandies and a pair of AKG K712 pros that I use at my desktop. When I use these new ones on my phone (Nexus 6p) I get subtle static in the background at all volumes. Sometimes the music tunes it out but its still faintly there. It is most apparent when listening to YouTube videos ( every sound is shadowed by static). I tested them on my dad at home (mayflower ODAC) and the static was better but still there (needs further testing). Maybe the stock cable is bad? Really don't know. With these earbuds I only listen to them at 25% volume because they really start to hurt my ears.

10 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

Recently bought a pair of Shure se215's for my daily driver earphones. I am coming from multiple pairs of cheap skullcandies and a pair of AKG K712 pros that I use at my desktop. When I use these new ones on my phone (Nexus 6p) I get subtle static in the background at all volumes. Sometimes the music tunes it out but its still faintly there. It is most apparent when listening to YouTube videos ( every sound is shadowed by static). I tested them on my dad at home (mayflower ODAC) and the static was better but still there (needs further testing). Maybe the stock cable is bad? Really don't know. With these earbuds I only listen to them at 25% volume because they really start to hurt my ears.

That's because of self noise from the amps that you're using. Did you try low gain on the O2? Also, I would suggest testing in ears on your dad's equipment, rather than on your dad himself.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

18 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's because of self noise from the amps that you're using. Did you try low gain on the O2? Also, I would suggest testing in ears on your dad's equipment, rather than on your dad himself.

"dad" was a autocorrect for dac :P on my ODAC all I have is a volume nob ad a high/low gain button. 

Just now, Darkmatter35 said:

"dad" was a autocorrect for dac :P on my ODAC all I have is a volume nob ad a high/low gain button. 

So did you try low gain?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

So did you try low gain?

I'll be testing in the morning. its been a month since I last tested them