Monitor not turning on after I started my PC?

RoKa

Whenever I dont have my monitor on when I startup my PC it will never get signal somehow.

So I ALWAYS have to turn on my monitor first, which is really annoying, because it has been a habit of mine to turn my monitor off everytime I shut down my pc.

Anyone knows why it does this?

Kind Regards,

Roman

Does it never get screen or might it get screen once you enter windows for example? Is it a straight connection from PC to monitor, or do you have somthing in between? What is your setup? Specs help.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 hours ago, Gonio said:

Does it never get screen or might it get screen once you enter windows for example? Is it a straight connection from PC to monitor, or do you have somthing in between? What is your setup? Specs help.

Hey,

I have my 980TI by Gigabyte hooked up with my monitor (Benq XL-2411Z) with a DVI-D cable (for 144HZ support)

Kind regards,

Roman

8 hours ago, Gonio said:

Does it never get screen or might it get screen once you enter windows for example?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

27 minutes ago, Gonio said:

if I haven't turned my monitor on before I start up my PC it will never display anything. I don't even think it starts up my PC because the reset button makes it restart instantly (So without turning off programs first)

If I already have it turned on, there are no problems at all.

But I want to fix it.

Well somehow it looks like the signal detection on screen is messing up. If screen would pop up once it would be in windows, it could be a delay or so, but never a singal thats odd.

Are the connectors screwed in thight? Any bend pins maybe? Tried different cable or even different type of cable like displayport or HDMI? Can you try on other screen?

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

22 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Well somehow it looks like the signal detection on screen is messing up. If screen would pop up once it would be in windows, it could be a delay or so, but never a singal thats odd.

Are the connectors screwed in thight? Any bend pins maybe? Tried different cable or even different type of cable like displayport or HDMI? Can you try on other screen?

Well it all works, IF I turn on my monitor before my PC, and not the other way around.

So why would the connector be broken?

I don't know why stuff breaks, can be a gaziljon things :)

We are trying to help here, by finding the cause. To do that we need more info and find out where it goes wrong. If it is a striaght forward thing we overall recommend right away, but if it is a bit more odd situation there is more to it. We do this by asking to try stuff out and let us know what does or doens't happen. Sometimes with odd problems you have to run trough some basics stuff first to get an better idea where the hickup comes from or rule out parts that are not part of the problem.

Thats troubleshooting :)

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

• 1 month later...
On 12-11-2016 at 1:01 PM, Gonio said:

I don't know why stuff breaks, can be a gaziljon things :)

We are trying to help here, by finding the cause. To do that we need more info and find out where it goes wrong. If it is a striaght forward thing we overall recommend right away, but if it is a bit more odd situation there is more to it. We do this by asking to try stuff out and let us know what does or doens't happen. Sometimes with odd problems you have to run trough some basics stuff first to get an better idea where the hickup comes from or rule out parts that are not part of the problem.

Thats troubleshooting :)

I just installed a new processor and the problem got even worse... Now I even have to like disconnect the monitor from and to my PC and klik the buttons beneath the monitor to make sure it takes the DVI-D channel before it even MAYBE shows signal...

Might be useful to create a new post on the forum to get this on the radar of more people. Anyway could try a CMOS reset maybe.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list