How to Update AMD Catalyst

SpamBrie

Hi guys I just downloaded AMD Catalyst version 13.9 and I am currently running 13.4.

How do I go about updating my drivers, I have never done it before.

Thank you

If it's anything like installing NVIDIA drivers, you can just run the .exe and it'll overwrite the files that need to be overwritten.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you want to be on the safe side when going between drivers, run the AMD Catalyst Install Manager (via the Uninstall Programs submenu) to do a clean driver uninstall. Once you're done that, install the new 13.9 drivers and you should be good to go.

Though running the .exe alone in the past hasn't yielded any issues for me in the past. If you run into driver issues and want to do a freshy-fresh install, you might want to consider something like ATIMan.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Hi guys I just downloaded AMD Catalyst version 13.9 and I am currently running 13.4.

How do I go about updating my drivers, I have never done it before.

Thank you

Just download it and run it, it will update everything for you! I've always done that and never had any problems!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

just download the latest version and install it .... it will automatically uninstall older version  and install a new one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

or u can go to amd catalyst and go to information then click check for updates then next

http://prntscr.com/1zngmq

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

some people make this so complicated and it  is easy to tell the true, here are the steps friend  ^_^

1s to all, "know" the name of you card (and yes, is a stupid step :lol: but help a lot next)

2d go to the AMD web driver and answer a couple easy questions

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

in my case this will be the answers

Desktop Graphics

Radeon HD series

7xxx Series PCIe

Windows 7 - 64 bits

(and click on display results)

3d download the Catalyst Software Suite 13.9 (this are the drivers)

4r just install it, when the ask "you want remove" or "install drivers" click on install (no need to remove)

and then when the ask "advance install" or "express" just click express (is AMD friend) 

Yeah, just download the executable, run it, use the default options and you're done after about 3 minutes. You don't even need to restart the computer any more (the installer will disable and re-enable the graphics card partway through the installation so don't panic if the screen flickers or turns black for a few seconds.)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II