My hard drive keep repairing on start up.

I have a desktop with a 2TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 hard drive. I had no problems with the drive but recently it keeps repairing on start up. I tried repairing it by going to c drive and clicked repair drive but all it does it restarts and repairs the drive and go to the password screen.But when i shutdown and turn it back on again it goes through the repair thing again for couple of seconds and go to the password screen. This kept happening with every start up for the last month or so. The computer seems to be ruining without problems however. The temp of the drive is usually at 30 degrees. I have about 27k pics and videos which inst backed up yet so I don't wanna loose them all if something goes wrong. Is this a windows glitch or is there something really wrong with my drive?. 
Also i need know the best way to back up all my personal things which comes to roughly 400gb worth of data.

Did the PC shutdown unexpectedly (like a power cut for example)  before it started doing this?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

fyi

you can remove your 2tb hdd and place in another pc and read data from drive (if drive not corrupt) . so get your data safely stored somewhere then replace into original machine and do fresh install of OS (reformat drive first). its what I would do but there mite be better options out there

4 minutes ago, A Silver said:

Did the PC shutdown unexpectedly (like a power cut for example)  before it started doing this?

I had a problem where when i start the computer it was all blackscreen so i had to kept turning the pc off and on again by holding down the power or cutting power completely. I've done this alot and finally realized it was my graphics card which was fried. The hard drive problem seems to came after that.

Just now, sammyboi123 said:

I had a problem where when i start the computer it was all blackscreen so i had to kept turning the pc off and on again by holding down the power or cutting power completely. I've done this alot and finally realized it was my graphics card which was fried. The hard drive problem seems to came after that.

I had a similar issue when i would hold the power button down to shut down my old pc so that may have caused it but i don't know how you can fix it,

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

One thing you can try is to open the command prompt with administrator privileges and thenot type in this command (without quotes) "chkdsk /b"

This should only be run on NTFS formatted drives. If it is formatted for fat32 or exfat, replace the /b with /f. what the scan will do is the following:

1. Clears the list of bad clusters on the volume and rescans all allocated and free clusters for errors

2.Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

3.Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer.

Another option is to do a System File Check. In the same command prompt window (with administrator privleges), type the following without quotes: sfc /scannow

This scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

there are a couple other things to try but I need to get off my phone to better type this up.

2 minutes ago, JonU said:

One thing you can try is to open the command prompt with administrator privileges and thenot type in this command (without quotes) "chkdsk /b"

This should only be run on NTFS formatted drives. If it is formatted for fat32 or exfat, replace the /b with /f. what the scan will do is the following:

1. Clears the list of bad clusters on the volume and rescans all allocated and free clusters for errors

2.Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

3.Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer.

Another option is to do a System File Check. In the same command prompt window (with administrator privleges), type the following without quotes: sfc /scannow

This scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

there are a couple other things to try but I need to get off my phone to better type this up.

Ive tried that and also installed crystal disk info and hard drive sentanal. Both told me my hard drive is good and has no problems so wtf is going on.

45 minutes ago, sammyboi123 said:

Ive tried that and also installed crystal disk info and hard drive sentanal. Both told me my hard drive is good and has no problems so wtf is going on.

Since you tried those options already, have you run DISM?

10 minutes ago, JonU said:

Since you tried those options already, have you run DISM?

No

Sorry I haven't responded to this earlier but I'm not sure that DISM would be the best option in this case. The problem with DISM is that if you don't type it in right (i.e. you use the wrong option) it will make the problem even worse. If you have a thumb drive there are a few Linux distributions that are really good at recovering data. I've used Kali Linux running from a thumb drive at work (with a supervisor guiding through the process) to recover data off of customer HDDs. The process can take some time but it's worth trying. You would need a thumb drive (i think mine is 32GB), and a portable HDD capable of holding everything you want to keep, and quite a bit of time. Basically, you would make an installation of Kali Linux on the thumb drive. You would then boot the computer using the thumb drive, this allows you to run Kali from the thumb drive without installing anything on your hard drive. Once you are logged into Kali there are a few different ways you could attempt to recover the data. The way I've been shown is through the command line and I don't quite remember all the commands, but if you give me a day or two I can get them. But if you are interested in what DISM does, here are a couple of links: Link 1 and Link 2

Edited by JonU
added links about DISM