Grouping notifications on a per thread basis.

Xanthe_2871

Right now the website will already group notifications in some instances, such as when two or more people do the exact same thing (like three people quote you in a topic, or two people agree with a post) but I think it would be cool if there was even more grouping. If you group multiple actions related to the same thread then you can save room in the notification panel and show more information. With the current grouping system it will tell you if more than one person did something, but won't let you click on a particular user's name to see what they said vs someone else in the same notification. Doing it like this would save space while also allowing the user to click on each individual notification:

proposed_notification_grouping_per_thread.png

Another option would be grouping actions taken by a single user, like this:

proposed_notification_grouping_per_user.png

Ok, that last example wouldn't happen, but you get my idea! :P

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

? this is something that is already a thing for grouping notifications on a followed thread. 

image.jpeg

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

? this is something that is already a thing for grouping notifications on a followed thread. 

image.jpeg

But that is only for the others who commented on the thread, it does not include those who quoted you, agreed, thumbs up'd, etc. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Is scrolling too hard?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is scrolling too hard?

No, but I think higher information density would be nice! 

You of all people should know. You use this website so often, you would probably save a whole 3 to 4 minutes a year! That adds up!

27 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

No, but I think higher information density would be nice! 

You of all people should know. You use this website so often, you would probably save a whole 3 to 4 minutes a year! That adds up!

Except I don't get that many notifications between logins. And if I get more than 5, I don't mind scrolling and opening to tabs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv