I think figure out way create a ultra slim itx or small itx use a flex ATX psu

I've been looking for a way to make my itx gaming pc ( sugo 13, 11.5 liter) smaller. I was thinking about getting a Dan Case or Dr zyber sentry (7.2 liter)case, but both cases are more than a $150 and not including the SFX PSU with 80 plus. Then, I Tek everything where use a industrial pc case, logic mc600 for $100 and pico PSU and power adapter for $150, but I need then hpplex PSU which makes cost $100. Later, on Amazon looking for tiny PSU then I found flex ATX PSU which were very small about the size of a gpu and had 80+ certification for $60 and up, and I could build enclosure for it and stick it on there. Wondering what is flex atx it for server pc and small business pc, so I  found a server rack with just enough for a GPU or could made to have one.  I am Asking for feedback on the idea. Tell case makers about flex atx PSU or someone make case that uses flex atx PSU.

Here my pc spec:

Cpu: I3 6100

Motherboard : ASRock B150M-ITX

Gpu : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 0 Mini ITX OC 

shopping.jpg

Case :iStarUSA D-118V2-ITX Black Metal / Aluminum 1U Rackmount ( planned on adding more air vents11-165-402-09.jpg11-165-402-17.jpg11-165-402-11.jpg

PSU:Solid Gear Flex ATX 400 Energy Star Certified Power Supply SDGR-FLXB400( undecided on)

71EYlBZWhLL._SL1500_.jpg

• 2 months later...

Greetings Hbot,

So I have been down a similar path.  But I planned to buy two of these, one for a Plex server pulling data from a QNAP NAS, and the other for a software firewall by Kerio Control firewall.  But I decided to by only one to see how the case was.

For the Plex server I purchased this case with a i3-6100T, Noctua NH-L9I, and a Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 motherboard that was on sale. 

For the firewall I purchased a Gigabyte GA-J1900-D3V.

I tried the Plex server first and found two things.  #1 the Noctua was too tall (not surprised) and #2 the IO on the mother board was too tall (which did surprise me).  So that build was not going to happen.  I looking for a 2U case for the Plex server.

However for the firewall the motherboard fit well except for the IO shield did not work.  Again no surprise.  Everything else went in well and the system has been running without problem for about two weeks.

As for your build...that video card will probably not work.  It only support one card slot unless you get crafty.