My new PC

Well I just bought (waiting for arrival) of my new PC. While I should have done this before I got the parts, I still want feedback on what I got. Hopefully nothing is terribly bad.

• Intel Core i7-6700K
  • ASUS ATX Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
  • Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 
  • G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV, 3200MHz, 16GB (2 x 8GB) X 2 == 32GB
  • Adata SP550, 960GB
  • Corsair Graphite 780T 
  • ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC
  • WD Black 3TB

So what do you think?!

Just now, RollinLower said:

well, the RAM is overkill ( i know cuz' i got 32 gigs myself!) and the PSU kinda is too :P other than that this is a very solid build!

I agree on both counts! Though I'm likely to add about 3-4 old HDs with junk in them and hopefully at some point maybe a dedicated sound card and there is always the possibility of a second 1070.

Thanks!!!

That is a lovely rig man, it's going to play every game really nice. But if you're spending this kind of money, why not get a 1080? Or a STRIX model 1070?

Edit: aaaah you're doing a white theme aren't you? Nice

Edited by Terrorjoekel

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK...

18 minutes ago, Terrorjoekel said:

That is a lovely rig man, it's going to play every game really nice. But if you're spending this kind of money, why not get a 1080? Or a STRIX model 1070?

Edit: aaaah you're doing a white theme aren't you? Nice

Yeah white and black with to be decided lighting color. And also here it's significantly cheaper the dual vs the strix. And I wanted the 1080 but I don't have a great monitor so 1080 would be overkill for my monitors.

TY

59 minutes ago, AtosCoder said:
  • G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV, 3200MHz, 16GB (2 x 8GB) X 2 == 32GB

you dont need more than 16GB. Ive been running 16Gb for five years and i still dont need 16GB

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

you dont need more than 16GB. Ive been running 16Gb for five years and i still dont need 16GB

Well, if you open a billion tabs in the background and you have spotify running and whatnot 32GB might actually make sense. But since that is neither likely nor necessary, I agree ^^

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

53 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

While I agree that it's overkill. And I've been on 8GB for about a decade I do use many programs at the same time and I do love them browser tabs, not doing much right now and have 15 open ><