Keyboard EMI Solution?

MrFub

Hi,

My Corsair K70 keyboard causes EMI whenever the LED lights are turned on. At first I thought it was a problem with the keyboard itself, so I RMAd but the replacement unit has the same issue. Could it be my motherboard and if so should I RMA? I have an ASUS Maximus VII Hero.

What can I do to fix this on my own?

Will a powered USB hub fix this?

Thanks

Test it in some other computer first. If it's your mobo, the issue will go away.

4 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Test it in some other computer first. If it's your mobo, the issue will go away.

The sound is not present on my laptop. I'm uneasy about RMAing my mobo, I heard ASUS customer support is dodgy. Would a powered USB hub fix any of the EMI? 

4 hours ago, MrFub said:

The sound is not present on my laptop. I'm uneasy about RMAing my mobo, I heard ASUS customer support is dodgy. Would a powered USB hub fix any of the EMI? 

Can't hurt to try, I'd imagine. You might also want to try these cables with the bulky things on it: https://prodzone-tripplite.netdna-ssl.com/shared/product-images/xlg/U023003-FRONT-XL.jpg Those are called ferrite chokes and they're there to reduce EMI. You can also get them separately and just snap them on your cable but in that case, dig a bit into the math involved. I believe the distance for the end of the cable and the dimensions and number of the chokes make a difference.