Need help MSI laptop

El Poncho
Go to solution Solved by U.Ho,
1 minute ago, El Poncho said:

I get a yellow triangle next to it in device manager now and an error code 10

If you're using windows 10, I suggest to uninstall the driver altogether and reboot. See if a driver gets installed automatically and if it's any better then.

My MSI gl62 only has connection to the wifi card briefly abd then looses connection to it or maybe just turns it off, ive tried the fixes ive seen on forums and youtube and it stil doesnt work. Many other seem to have the same issue aswell so i hope someone here can help.

How does the issue present itself?

Error messages?

Taskbar icon showing up as red cross or yellow triangle?

Have you tried the newest drivers?

How about one or two versions older drivers?

Do you have a working wifi connection with another adapter so we can rule out the wifi being bad?

1 minute ago, U.Ho said:

How does the issue present itself?

Error messages?

Taskbar icon showing up as red cross or yellow triangle?

Have you tried the newest drivers?

How about one or two versions older drivers?

Do you have a working wifi connection with another adapter so we can rule out the wifi being bad?

In the start there wasa yellow triangle in the device manager but now it just disappears from the task msnager it also shows a red cross till the wifi symbol just disappears in the bottom left.

i have tried the newest havent tried older but i might try it in a bit.

yes my phone is connected to the same internet and so is my dad and grandmothers laptops.

In the start there wasa yellow triangle in the device manager but now it just disappears from the task msnager it also shows a red cross till the wifi symbol just disappears in the bottom left.

i have tried the newest havent tried older but i might try it in a bit.

yes my phone is connected to the same internet and so is my dad and grandmothers laptops.

How does it look in device manager (control panel --> system --> device manager --> network adapters) or network adapter settings (control panel --> network and sharing center --> change adapter settings)?

49 minutes ago, U.Ho said:

How does it look in device manager (control panel --> system --> device manager --> network adapters) or network adapter settings (control panel --> network and sharing center --> change adapter settings)?

The network adapter doesnt show up in the list and now i get a yellow triangle

Just now, El Poncho said:

The network adapter doesnt show up in the list and now i get a yellow triangle

Ok, that shouldn't happen.

Do you have something else connected? A cable?

If you don't have the adapter in the list, you can not get a yellow triangle. You pretty much can't get anything, except red cross.

(Yellow triangle means there's something wrong with the connection but there is a connection. Red cross means there's no connection which should be the case if there's no adapter at all)

52 minutes ago, U.Ho said:

If you have a secondary Harddrive laying i would suggest doing a fresh install on that to eliminate a Windows issue.

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

If you're using windows 10, I suggest to uninstall the driver altogether and reboot. See if a driver gets installed automatically and if it's any better then.

Totally agree with @U.Ho
If that does not work then try a fresh install or running of a live Ubuntu USB. That could potentially rule out hardware issues

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

1 hour ago, U.Ho said:

Do you think it would be better to install a driver from intels website? (Ill try what you said)

1 hour ago, U.Ho said:

Worked. Thank you so much. I love this forum.