GTX 7XX old drivers ¿true or not true?

ze_ebobg

I own 2 GTX 780 Amp, in SLI.

I read on internet that the new drivers for my card (since the series gtx 9xx come out) are worthless ¿is really a fact?

I always install the newest driver. I should go to the lastest driver that were for my card years ago?

And in the other hand, rolling back the drivers don´t affect the SLI profiles for those games than even exist at that time? 

Sorry for my bad english.

There is no point downgrading your drivers. The Nvidia nerfing drivers theory is false.

So long as the cards are working as they always have there isn't much point in downgrading the drivers. I'd say unless something happens stick with the latest ones, and even if something does happen try reinstalling the latest drivers before giving up all hope and going to an older one.

For me to play black ops 3 I cannot update drivers. Too many issues. I ran the December first driver. After every update I would notice an issue. So I would always revert back to the old one. Didn't seem to effect bf4 or hardline. Having the opposite effect now with bf1, I put the latest drivers on for it to runs its best.

Noticed large differences in heaven benchmarks too.

Gonna see how the new cod goes so I know what I have to do.

If the update does not directly make fixes to your game(s) then there isn't a point to do it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

This video will answer your question. 

tl;dr:

Newer driver does NOT reduce your card's performance. BUT older cards will not GAIN any more performance out of the newer drivers. While newer cards like gtx970 gain a little bit of performance everytime the driver updates, older cards simply sit there and watch the newer card go faster. 

That's how I understand it. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.