Delidding (another) 3570k

So... I was going to relid a friends 3570k with the rockitcool kit and I have some Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra to use with it.  Well, I'm not even sure how, but I came across Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut which has almost double the thermal conductivity of coolaboratory. 

Heres some data: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/liquid-metal-showdown-thermal-grizzly-conductonaut-vs-cool-laboratory-liquid-ultra-pro.791489/

My question is, do you guys think I should just use liquid ultra or should I try and secure some conductonaut?  I haven't been able to find a ton of opinions on it.

Thanks!

Update: Well I went ahead and ordered the conductonaut, wish I would have found it sooner now I have to wait until next weekend to delid :( Amazon didn't have it with prime shipping.

I'd still appreciate some opinions and info comparing the two or even just comments/tips on using conductonaut.

Well... sorry for not doing a search on LTT first, plenty of info already.  Seems like conductonaut is good all around.  But hey I'll update with before and after temps to make this post less useless!! Hooray!!

Update 11/4: So I was wrong.. there is barely any info on this stuff.  So I'm still very curious to hear about someone else's experience with conductonaut.  There isn't even a single video on youtube (that I found) about it.  I already have CL liquid pro so I might just use that this weekend, but if conductonaut is really that much better then I don't mind waiting. 

Also, I have an idea to run by you guys, after I delid my cpu, I was thinking to be on the safe side I could put a non conductive TIM (kryonaut specifically) on the edge of cpu die and use liquid metal on the flat surface and a bit on IHS as well.  Reason being that if any liquid metal does run off it should be ok because there will be a layer of nonconductive material to prevent it from touching anything.  I personally can't think of anything wrong with this idea, but feel free to point out my oversights!

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself 

Bump, see latest update.

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself 

20 hours ago, SubLimation7 said:

also, I have an idea to run by you guys, after I delid my cpu, I was thinking to be on the safe side I could put a non conductive TIM (kryonaut specifically) on the edge of cpu die and use liquid metal on the flat surface and a bit on IHS as well.  Reason being that if any liquid metal does run off it should be ok because there will be a layer of nonconductive material to prevent it from touching anything.  I personally can't think of anything wrong with this idea, but feel free to point out my oversights!

you should be carefull with mixing stuff like that, you never know how they will chemically react with eachother

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got my conductonaut yesterday, used rockitcool88s delid tool, slapped everything back together this morning.  At 4ghz stock voltage I was getting into 70+c per core.  Now at 4.6 I cant really get abover 50c, talk about a huge difference.  I accidentally dropped a whole gram of conductonaut onto my cpu, luckily I had everything except die taped off, the damn container was being difficult by the time I applied enough force for syringe to give the whole thing just came out lol.  But I am very happy with results!

3570K DELID.png

wow that are some pret/ty amazing results, what cooler you using and how did you apply it to the cpu? did you apply it directly to the delid or did you reaplace the lid?

5 minutes ago, tlink said:

wow that are some pret/ty amazing results, what cooler you using and how did you apply it to the cpu? did you apply it directly to the delid or did you reaplace the lid?

Noctua d15, I applied it to the die of cpu after delid, basically painted thin layer but left a tiny bit more in center.  I taped off IHS as well so just area that makes contact with die is exposed, painted conductonaut on this as well, leaving a tiny bump in middle.  Then I put the lid back on using rockitcools relid tool, added a dab of e6000 around the edge of IHS so it didn't move when I installed, let it cure overnight.  Between IHS and cooler I'm using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.  People will want to shoot me but I always get better temps when I use lots of paste, I painted a thin layer on cooler and on top of IHS, AND I put a pea sized glob in middle of cooler AND on IHS.  I know, 5x more paste then most people use, but those results don't lie!  And it seems like I always come out a c or 2 better when I use generous amounts of paste assuming its non conductive.

Time to game now but one day soon I'm gonna try and set bclck around 105 and see if I can get 5ghz stable.  Girlfriends pc for what its worth.

Well I got it to pretty much 4.8ghz but hitting a wall (seemingly a voltage one).  Just to get 4.8ghz I'm having to pump a massive 1.41 volts to be stable, on them temp side of things only 1 core goes above 55c under load, still cant believe how much the delid helped temps.  I've tried adjusting PLL voltage, playing with spread spectrum and a few other settings, but I can't go any higher without pushing even more voltage, but I'm kind of already worried at 1.41 for a 24/7 machine.  Also my BCLCK is at 105mhz.

So what I'm trying to find out is your guys opinions on the voltage I'm running and if you have any suggestions on getting similar overclock at lower voltage. 

Untitled.png

i have some but i wont use it for delids, because it doesnt work below a certain temperature. it will just crack. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Interesting stuff, according to CPUZ, my delidded overclocked 3570k is faster then any othe quad core cpu at stock speeds (its literally neck and neck with i7 6700 in single threaded bench).  And this benchmark was done at my new 24/7 settings.  Sitting right at 4645mhz and 1.34v, also brought bus speed down to 101 MHz because I got a single crash.  So I could flex it a bit more if I wanted to.  Didn't expect these results, I might have to start building 3570k delidded systems and reselling them on the side for extra cash lol.

delidded monster.png