Xbox One Headset Under £100

jj1988

Does a headset exist which is compatible with the Xbox One which is either 5.1 or 7.1 and under £100 (can be wired or wireless)?

why 7.1 you only have 2 ears that can register sound. its like having 6 video feeds for 3d.

1 hour ago, LimeBlasts said:

their tons under 100

Like?

4 hours ago, tlink said:

why 7.1 you only have 2 ears that can register sound. its like having 6 video feeds for 3d.

You've got to be kidding me.

Two ears are capable of determining direction.  If you aren't, then you need to have your ears checked by a doctor.  

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

You've got to be kidding me.

Two ears are capable of determining direction.  If you aren't, then you need to have your ears checked by a doctor.  

yes they are, but not when the 2 speakers are literally on your ear. you determine direction by listening to the difference level of sound in both ears. 7.1 hifi audiosets and homecinema is fine, headphones is ridiculous. that's why i refered to 3d.

1 hour ago, tlink said:

yes they are, but not when the 2 speakers are literally on your ear. you determine direction by listening to the difference level of sound in both ears. 7.1 hifi audiosets and homecinema is fine, headphones is ridiculous. that's why i refered to 3d.

Distance from the source makes no difference to your ear drum.   Electronic signal processing takes care of sound level differences.  

I'm sorry if you can't hear the differences.  I can't see the difference between red/green, and many purples/pinks, but that doesn't mean that they are the same colors.  You must have the auditory equivalent of color-blindness. Bummer.  

19 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Distance from the source makes no difference to your ear drum.   Electronic signal processing takes care of sound level differences.  

I'm sorry if you can't hear the differences.  I can't see the difference between red/green, and many purples/pinks, but that doesn't mean that they are the same colors.  You must have the auditory equivalent of color-blindness. Bummer.  

distance from the source does make a difference to your ear drum, sitting directly next to 200 decibels is different than the drum being 100 meters away from it. virtual 7.1 is still stereo audio. your brain, only knows about 2 sources, because your eardrum literally is the microphone. the only benefit is a multi speaker setup because you can hear the speakers play different instruments at varying levels. you can distinguish the different sources. 7.1 on a headphone is literally just stereo audio because nobody is going to put 8 different drivers in an earcup, thats like jamming 8 earbuds in there, its not going to work and thats exactly why nobody is doing that. surround in headphones is a gimick that is virtualized 99% of the time, and when it isn't virtualized, its expensive as hell and often sounds completely like shit. you can make any pair of headphones or even earbuds into a  "7.1 surround system" by simply downloading a 7.1 virtual surround driver. like literally download something like this and get a free upgrade without all the marketing bullshit they try to jam down your throat. the headphone jack only supports 2 drivers over its analog signal, you can only upgrade this by using a digital signal and an amp in the headphone. so anything that claims to be true 7.1 upscales it if its just using a headphone jack, or they jam a digital signal down the line. either way it will sound horrible.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround