Ex-Apple CEO Hints at a Bid for Blackberry

ThePointblank

Straight from Crackberry.com:

http://crackberry.com/apparently-ex-apple-ceo-john-sculley-might-make-bid-blackberry

The plot thickens. Honestly, I'm about ready to start seriously 'exploring making a bid at BlackBerry' just so I can get my name into a headline in The Globe and Mail or Bloomberg or Reuters. Today the Globe and Mail reported that Apple's former CEO John Sculley is exploring a bid at BlackBerry with Canadian partners. 

Earlier this month, Sculley was making the media rounds and had some not so bad things to say about BlackBerry, which we reported on at that time.

Today he told The Globe:

“The only thing I would say is, I think there’s a lot of future value in Blackberry,” Mr. Sculley said, “but without experienced people who have run this type of business, and without a strategic plan, it would be really challenging ... Whoever buys it would have to have a strategic plan that was credible and could succeed, and they would want to have an experienced team that would be able to implement that plan.”

To give an idea of who John Sculley is, he's the CEO that famously once got fired Steve Jobs by the board as Steve and John didn't get along due to different management styles. With him at the head of Apple, sales increased from $800 million to $8 billion. He's also very clever marketer, as he once worked for Pepsi and was responsible for introducing the Pepsi Taste Challenge, one of the most cleverist piece of marketing promotion in the 20th century.