Should I go with the i7-6700k or i7-7700k or should I upgrade at all?

The main reason I want to upgrade is that I won't have any stutters and frame drops when playing battlefield 1 or any other future AAA game.

I get 99-100% CPU Usage on battlefield 1 at all times with my GPU usage at 30-70% most of the time.

So should I go with the i7-6700k or wait for the i7-7700k, I heard that the performance increase over the 6700k and i7-7700k is not worth buying the 7700k but I'm just a newbie so I really don't know too much about performance gains in CPU's.

Now with the information that I have gathered ranging from RAM, Power Supplies, CPU's and graphics cards in my questions in posts I would like to know if it's really worth upgrading my i5-4670.

Current rig:

CPU:i5-4670

RAM:2x8 DDR3 1600 Mhz

GPU:Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 1060 6gb

Yes, I know my i5-4670 is strong and can handle playing other AAA titles like The Witcher 3 with no sweat at all, but is the issue with my CPU or the Optimization of battlefield 1?

When do you guys suggest I upgrade my CPU, Motherboard and Ram?

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

2 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Yes, I know my i5-4670 is strong and can handle playing other AAA titles like The Witcher 3 with no sweat at all, but is the issue with my CPU or the Optimization of battlefield 1?

I would recommend waiting for the i7-7700K. The issue with BF1 seems to be the software trying to do too many things that drops performance for no reason on the GPU causing the CPU to spike in performance. There are some threads showing "fixes" but until DICE officially fixes it, the problem will still be there.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Anyway, i think it's better to wait. Waiting 2 months for ~10% increase in performance is worth it in my eyes + newer chipset. BUT HEY, whatever floats your boat

I dont have bf1 so i dont know how well it runs but i would say if you notice a cpu bottleneck in other games you play and you think its worth it then upgrade. 6700k vs 7700k would mostly depend on price. Both are more than enough for gaming but kaby lake should have higher stock clocks with better efficiency and 5-15% overall performance increase. Im currently waiting to see price and performance on the i5 7600k and i7 7700k to replace my i5 6500

Wait for the 7700k, I know I am. The price should be similar to the 6700k, and it will perform a little better. Plus, look at all those sevens, i7 7700k. Pretty sweet. ?

5 hours ago, JJS76 said:

Wait for the 7700k, I know I am. The price should be similar to the 6700k, and it will perform a little better. Plus, look at all those sevens, i7 7700k. Pretty sweet. ?

lol

I'd wait for the 7700k - but you shouldn't be bottlenecking with that CPU. If it seems to work with every other game just fine (esp. with witcher 3) then I assume that its the game itself being the problem. I don't really see the need to upgrade yet.

Just now, Sir Snuffy said:

I'd wait for the 7700k - but you shouldn't be bottlenecking with that CPU. If it seems to work with every other game just fine (esp. with witcher 3) then I assume that its the game itself being the problem. I don't really see the need to upgrade yet.

Yeah, but battlefield 1 is so beautiful and the stuttering sucks :(,

Just now, IAEInferno said:

Yeah, but battlefield 1 is so beautiful and the stuttering sucks :(,

I'd try to find some fix for it elsewhere. BF1 is pretty well optimized though for such a beautiful game :) I wouldn't be spending $300+ just because one game is stuttering, especially if its potentially fixable.

Are you having this problem on other titles too? Or is it just BF1?

I'd try to find some fix for it elsewhere. BF1 is pretty well optimized though for such a beautiful game :) I wouldn't be spending $300+ just because one game is stuttering, especially if its potentially fixable.

Are you having this problem on other titles too? Or is it just BF1?

Just on BF 1, other games like Witcher 3, Doom, Mafia, Skyrim legendary edition, overwatch, CS:GO and battlefield 4 are smooth.

1 minute ago, IAEInferno said:

Just on BF 1, other games like Witcher 3, Doom, Mafia, Skyrim legendary edition, overwatch, CS:GO and battlefield 4 are smooth.

Then I don't really see the need for an upgrade.

Edit: At least not yet.

Then I don't really see the need for an upgrade.

Me too, do you know when I should upgrade though?

Me too, do you know when I should upgrade though?

You usually know when to upgrade when most new games fail on you xD Your current i5 is as good as the current skylake 6500 (according to CPUBoss). You shouldn't see the need to upgrade for a while unless you want an i7 for the hyper-threading (which you don't really need for gaming).

You usually know when to upgrade when most new games fail on you xD Your current i5 is as good as the current skylake 6500 (according to CPUBoss). You shouldn't see the need to upgrade for a while unless you want an i7 for the hyper-threading (which you don't really need for gaming).

Hmm, I wish battlefield 1 could optimize a little bit better though :(.

1 minute ago, IAEInferno said:

Hmm, I wish battlefield 1 could optimize a little bit better though :(.

Try this Reddit thread - other peoples CPUs have been doing similar things due to drivers.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cpu load is 100% bf1

Try looking through all the other ones on that search too.

I would wait too. Kaby  Lake is right around the corner so is AMD Zen. There's no rush to upgrade now with the system you're having right now. As other people said the issues youre having with BF1 might be Software related and today one of the DICE developer tweeted there's a substantial update coming out soon.

4 minutes ago, Sir Snuffy said:

Try this Reddit thread - other peoples CPUs have been doing similar things due to drivers.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cpu load is 100% bf1

Try looking through all the other ones on that search too.

Thanks for this but I don't know if it will help me.

Thanks for this but I don't know if it will help me.

Just try and see if it does. You can always come back and ask for help if nothing works.

10 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I would recommend waiting for the i7-7700K. The issue with BF1 seems to be the software trying to do too many things that drops performance for no reason on the GPU causing the CPU to spike in performance. There are some threads showing "fixes" but until DICE officially fixes it, the problem will still be there.

There's nothing to be fixed. The game's just CPU heavy. There's a lot going on in the game, especially with 64 players, so there's definitely reasons for the performance drop on i5 CPUs.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

24 minutes ago, Monarch said:

There's nothing to be fixed. The game's just CPU heavy. There's a lot going on in the game, especially with 64 players, so there's definitely reasons for the performance drop on i5 CPUs.

There's quite a lot to fix actually. DICE's iteration of dynamic super resolution is dropping GPU usage requiring the CPU to toss more data although there's nothing to be done. Even i7's are reporting some issues. Hell, I bought it just to see how bad it was... and it's bad. Really bad. The game isn't CPU heavy at all to be honest. Playing 5760x1080@60hz only draws about 43-50% CPU usage and 80% GPU usage.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 11/3/2016 at 0:33 AM, ARikozuM said:

There's quite a lot to fix actually. DICE's iteration of dynamic super resolution is dropping GPU usage requiring the CPU to toss more data although there's nothing to be done. Even i7's are reporting some issues. Hell, I bought it just to see how bad it was... and it's bad. Really bad. The game isn't CPU heavy at all to be honest. Playing 5760x1080@60hz only draws about 43-50% CPU usage and 80% GPU usage.

So you're saying the game's dropping GPU usage requiring the CPU to work more for nothing? That doesn't make sense. The fact that the GPU drops usage indicates the bottleneck is somewhere else, most likely the CPU. It's odd that you have such low CPU load, I've heard tons of people saying their CPU usage was high. But still, the CPU doesn't have to be at 100% load to bottleneck your system. Individual core utilization is inaccurate, and it's often a single core that's bottlenecking.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Any predictions or official statements on what the socket will be for the i7-7700K? 

On 11/4/2016 at 4:00 PM, Xfiniti said:

Any predictions or official statements on what the socket will be for the i7-7700K? 

Should still be 1151. Kabylake is pretty much an improved version of Skylake.