IN WIN DUKE (IN WIN D-Frame 2.0 custom build) by SimpleModz

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

I did an overview video on the case which give you a good look at it's features and design and I also talk a bit about what inspired the IN WIN D-Frame chassis :)

Hope you guys enjoy! If you like my content please like the video and subscribe. Also if you check out the channel you will see further content on the build which I already released since the build log is a bit behind as the build had to be finished for a PAX Australia display.

Check out the video below:

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Following up from my case overview video yesterday I want to share some further photos of the build as well as another progress video!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

GcF8TgV.jpg

QRoOQbR.jpg

aNpCpvc.jpg

SYbqwte.jpg

hmkm26h.jpg

HDazSvE.jpg

eVZBCiA.jpg

ro9286p.jpg

3BZr1Yj.jpg

5AeVAlS.jpg

4ejFLcU.jpg

1u9SJMy.jpg

4WK9XvU.jpg

oM8p9Vz.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a closer look at the acrylic plates I made and also the build loop plan :)

And yes I know the cable routing holes are not perfect however the vinyl will cover that and cables as well. Unfortunately at this point I was running out of time for PAX AUS.

zg0k08k.jpg

UybCmNO.jpg

otaaj95.jpg

RzxNuKM.jpg

m9tMjC2.jpg

NMQ9CaR.jpg

buEyxq6.jpg

pC9lUJ3.jpg

HCEVgs6.jpg

PE1mTzB.jpg

1u2qzoS.jpg

0tuQGUJ.jpg

pGSv6Tk.jpg

y6ohWX2.jpg

knfdJec.jpg

bFBlWi4.jpg

TPU2I6Q.jpg

wh4tmgx.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys,

I have another update for you and looking at wrapping up this build log soon. I was meant to keep posting an update every day in order to get it up to date with the status of the build at the moment but things always keep getting in the way. I'm super busy leading up to Christmas at the moment, trying to wrap everything up.

Anyways, here we go! This update will include most of the vinyl work that I've done to add details to the build.

Firstly, the PSU. I added an NVIDIA claw logo on the side where it lights up and also due to the way the PSU sits in the case, I added white vinyl to it so that the In Win D-Frame writing stands out more once the PSU is in. Check it out in the pics.

6FvIskp.jpg

CwSKGRM.jpg

sfRgXKt.jpg

1RfqcOo.jpg

I didn't want to remove the label completely as I like the PSU information that is seen just above the D-Frame logo, I think it suits the build nicely this way.

I then added the abstract design to the acrylic panels of which I talk more about in an upcoming video for where I got the inspiration from. But let me know what you guys think of the design. This is also carried forward on other components too.

1ySUuBr.jpg

MNbLYum.jpg

BP9Pj87.jpg

u2D6zzw.jpg

Intel logo on the CPU block, I think it suits it nicely plus it's good to have on for events.

4UcD7yw.jpg

GkBxkfu.jpg

Another shot of the PSU! I just love the way the white vinyl brings out the D-Frame logo on the PSU mount.

sQglMWm.jpg

Furthermore I had these WD HDDs laying around from another build. Some of you may have seen it, my IN WIN LUX build. Anyways, I changed the gold vinyl to white in order to suit this build.

EL26BKq.jpg

ikb56hJ.jpg

And here it is mounted in

oSFzoyt.jpg

XySe60j.jpg

The same design from the acrylic panels on the case was carried on to the side of the 360mm radiator but this time white on black instead of black on white. This will give a nice contrast in the build.

2UcnNLY.jpg

fATRLaG.jpg

C1pdzmF.jpg

SLrmDUS.jpg

Even thought these fans will not be seen I still like to add vinyl to them. So I alternate between NVIDIA and In Win logo.

9ToRaH0.jpg

D6ZvxAw.jpg

sUgv99v.jpg

jJZcjBN.jpg

dNodezw.jpg

bQZ9RJl.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm back with another update, as promised I am trying my best to wrap up this build log soon and get it to the status of the build at the moment.

Here are some shots of the 6950X CPU in all its glory! I think it deserves a few photos of it's own. This is the first X edition CPU I ever received and it's a great honour to get to use this CPU. Before receiving it I wasn't aware that I was getting an X edition and I honestly couldn't believe it when it arrived. I still barely can! I was staring at the CPU for a few days after it arrived hahaha as I just couldn't believe it.

Anyways, here it is!

MFOrqzE.jpg

3iM51td.jpg

Furthermore, here are the progress shots for the work I did on the back panel of the case. I cut a piece of acrylic that is mounted using some longer CPU stand-off screws in order to cover the cables and clean things up a bit.

MCDXYRC.jpg

HTJPKjR.jpg

1mNRzYL.jpg

POrE1W6.jpg

Arlt804.jpg

eYwr4wd.jpg

BQ1AQRr.jpg

I also added vinyl in the same style on the back panel too!

AZoXq6x.jpg

J7vcnqE.jpg

0TgD3B1.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

This has to be the coolest and most awesome PC build I've seen in quite a while! You going to do something about the green that looks off from the black/white?

On 11/25/2016 at 5:15 AM, BeardRex said:

This has to be the coolest and most awesome PC build I've seen in quite a while! You going to do something about the green that looks off from the black/white?

Thanks a lot mate! Glad you like it :D

Also no, the green is staying. It's an NVIDIA themed build. I used black and white mainly as I didn't want to over compensate the green. There will be more green added and the Founders Edition GTX 1080s are staying aircooled to add a bit more green too :) 

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Here it is! The build is nearly done at this point! I shot this just before filling the build up and sending it to PAX.

I also did a video talking a bit about the design and things I did as well as showing how I assemble most of it.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

NYBnxiZ.jpg

io5FNbX.jpg

kFBDpjm.jpg

CyOzIRj.jpg

ROo0Xqr.jpg

Sht8Sck.jpg

wZmDZgo.jpg

GIZDYpJ.jpg

3N0FxYq.jpg

5sPuAYD.jpg

iMZ8Edt.jpg

gAPlVL4.jpg

0wiyg4K.jpg

EeaW2gT.jpg

I will have some more pics plus the coverage from PAX AU. The build is back home now but I've yet to take final pics and video of it as I ran into some issues with the fan LEDs that I am hoping to fix.

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more! 

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys!

Just thought you might want to see more around the back of the case, how the cables were routed and how the cover panel cleans things us really nicely.

9iD89Pt.jpg

PeOorEl.jpg

HvztChz.jpg

lLVZWGX.jpg

In Win Aurora controller stuck to the back.

jDfEwUA.jpg

JR45sMi.jpg

DIHOnEq.jpg

vwqcCpa.jpg

A85IV2U.jpg

7TGyevj.jpg

bYYhxMI.jpg

OYOOrbv.jpg

oUxDVZz.jpg

rRMIbnH.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! I'll have the PAX content up next and final pics and video I only just shot the other day. I'll need to put it all together and then I can share it with you guys.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys!

Here are the PAX AU photos of the build and also a video I did of some of my other case mods at PAX as well as other cool builds from Aussie modders!

PAX AU video -

j0f5Z64.jpg

UszoeJ4.jpg

9qnvWFn.jpg

CkimCHD.jpg

PZELTtN.jpg

vIZRv3f.jpg

wx6C8iE.jpg

kvWADdd.jpg

d4YJjZb.jpg

IM5wW6m.jpg

x5UMI6w.jpg

EV4vKhD.jpg

SH0flB7.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

The final showcase video is here.

Hope you guys like it! It was a bit tricky finding a suitable song so I went with something a bit different and had a play with it :)

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ