Blue motherboard.

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

I want to upgrade to a skylake cpu and have it be an I7 as well. Thats the end goal atm.

The Designare and the UD3-Ultra are the best bet in the blue department for Z170... Blue wasn't as in this time. Like others have said if you go to 1150 or 2011-3 there are more options for blue. If that is too expensive go with an all black Z170 mobo.

32 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

honestly the CPU is a different story from the mobo. of course you would cash out a good chunk for the CPU since it does run the system. but the mobo just interconnects the stuff so if you are spending the same amount of money for mobo and cpu, doesnt make sense. just my logic though

I really like asthetics..... Yes im an idiot leave me alone :P (also havent looked at features yet on mobos at all but that would prob be decent on the expensivebords no?)

30 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

I really like asthetics..... Yes im an idiot leave me alone :P (also havent looked at features yet on mobos at all but that would prob be decent on the expensivebords no?)

Like my case cost 170 because i liked its asthetics. Other wise i would just get whatevers cheap and go with that with a non window case.

32 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

honestly the CPU is a different story from the mobo. of course you would cash out a good chunk for the CPU since it does run the system. but the mobo just interconnects the stuff so if you are spending the same amount of money for mobo and cpu, doesnt make sense. just my logic though

I will go find it but Linus did a video along time ago and JayzTwoCents did a video more recently about how the motherboard is often overlooked as the thing that interconnectes stuff.

30 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Yea the Z170X-Designare is pretty good. Its in the build I did for my sister. Lacks a few things but I guess its Z170 not X99

29 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Like my case cost 170 because i liked its asthetics. Other wise i would just get whatevers cheap and go with that with a non window case.

I feel ur pain on the asthetics. I got my first job then I spent like all my first 6 months I had after I payed for my share of the dorm..... CaseLabs cases are too damn expensive.... 

On 11/1/2016 at 11:09 PM, EmoChipmonk said:

Im looking for a blue and black mother board that can handle lga 1151 (or which ever socket type is skylake cpus). Im planning on upgrading my build and want to keep the blue theme. I would paint the motherboard if need be but would prefer to not.

I'm not sure if you were planning on making the computer soon or what type of cpu you were planning on using but I found a good deal in my email and I thought I'd share it with you just incase it could help lower your budget. It's an i5-6500 and the Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Ultra that was talked about in your thread. http://prntscr.com/d2pokp

You'd have to go instore assuming there is a frys near you. Message me if you'd like the promocode, not going to post here.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc