Pc BEST Bang For the Buck?

Hey guys, 

I'm looking at building a custom pc with a budget of $700 USD including Windows. Here is what I have come up with so far

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card  ($249.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.79 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Windows 10 ($30.00)
Total: $684.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-30 07:14 EDT-0400

Thanks bye :)

Just now, frozeNNN said:

Very nice and balanced build.

Really? YAY!!

This is obviously your personal preference, but there's another case going for just $34.99 and it looks very striking in my opinion. Go ahead and check it out :) 
DIYPC DIY-F2-O ATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

39 minutes ago, hammyboy31 said:

Really? YAY!!

You could have a 1070 in there if you went with AMD FX but I wouldnt suggest that so yeah its pretty solid.

Seems overall good to go. But would suggest a SSD over HDD. Makes it much more snappier and a HDD for storage can be added later for storage, or put in a current owned HDD for extra storage if you want.

The PSU is not the best though according ot the tier list. Could look something up from tier 3 and above here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/#comment-8149083. Buying a good PSU now can go several years with your build and upgrades.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

15 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Seems overall good to go. But would suggest a SSD over HDD. Makes it much more snappier and a HDD for storage can be added later for storage, or put in a current owned HDD for extra storage if you want.

The PSU is not the best though according ot the tier list. Could look something up from tier 3 and above here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/#comment-8149083. Buying a good PSU now can go several years with your build and upgrades.

Yeah, I wish I had more money to get a SSD, but yeah that is on my list to buy already. Now for the PSU what are you recommending. I had some friends and  IT people say that it was okay.

24 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

You could have a 1070 in there if you went with AMD FX but I wouldnt suggest that so yeah its pretty solid.

Don't want to go AMD. I am not a only Intel and Nvidia person, but AMD in my opinion doesn't have the support that it needs. Also the FX would bottleneck the 1070, thanks for the suggestion though.

PS: this comment literally took me 20 minutes to write because of the stupid autocorrect on my tablet. 

11 minutes ago, hammyboy31 said:

Yeah, I wish I had more money to get a SSD, but yeah that is on my list to buy already. Now for the PSU what are you recommending. I had some friends and  IT people say that it was okay.

These are the cheapest decent units I could find atm:

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.97 @ Newegg)  $59-$10 rebate

^Semi-modular, all black cables.

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ B&H) 

Cheaper and smaller form factor 1060 but has higher clocks and can be OC'd easily up to 2050Mhz without going past 65c.

Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB GV-N1060IXOC-6GD Video Card  ($249.99 - $10 rebate on Amazon) 

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

4 minutes ago, antisleep said:

These are the cheapest decent units I could find atm:

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.97 @ Newegg)  $59-$10 rebate

^Semi-modular, all black cables.

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ B&H) 

Cheaper and smaller form factor 1060 but has higher clocks and can be OC'd easily up to 2050Mhz without going past 60c.

Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB GV-N1060IXOC-6GD Video Card  ($249.99 - $10 rebate on Amazon) 

Want to keep my current GPU, but changed the power supply.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card  ($249.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.97 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 10 ($30.00)
Total: $691.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-30 08:33 EDT-0400

24 minutes ago, hammyboy31 said:

It will overall do the job and won't be nuclear, but there is better to buy for similar price :)

As for SSD consider the samsung 750 250GB model. Good performance but still for a nice price.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

23 minutes ago, hammyboy31 said:

Want to keep my current GPU

What about these?

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE $249.99

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC $259.99 - $20 rebate

They have backplates, RGB LED indicators, more connectivity, and have that 0dB fan technology - fans stay idle when the GPU is below a certain temperature, it gives extended lifespan for the fans and less power draw.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

3 hours ago, antisleep said:

What about these?

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE $249.99

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC $259.99 - $20 rebate

They have backplates, RGB LED indicators, more connectivity, and have that 0dB fan technology - fans stay idle when the GPU is below a certain temperature, it gives extended lifespan for the fans and less power draw.

Which one would you recommend? Sorry for the late reply I had to go to church.

3 hours ago, Gonio said:

It will overall do the job and won't be nuclear, but there is better to buy for similar price :)

As for SSD consider the samsung 750 250GB model. Good performance but still for a nice price.

Thanks Gonio :)

10 minutes ago, hammyboy31 said:

Which one would you recommend? Sorry for the late reply I had to go to church.

Both are great, the 2nd one is the faster card. If you don't mind the $260 base price then go with the OC.