Pixel vs Galaxy s7

Alesek

Sup, I am looking for a new phone because the battery of my Xperia z3+ doesnt even last a day anymore, which is very frustrating. I am looking for a top phone which I am mostly gonna use for internet browsing, watching videos, taking pictures, and sometimes some games. Basically I am choosing between Galaxy s7 (edge maybe) and Google Pixel.

I like the Pixel because it has stock android, instant updates, best camera thanks to hdr+, and usb-c. I dont like how the phone looks, it is quite big for the screen size (huge bezels), no water resistance, small battery and the fingerprint sensor is on the back. Also the price is insane>:(

On galaxy s7, I like how it looks - it really looks great, exynos cpu is faster, water resistance, big battery, camera is great but worse than pixel imho, and it has higher screen resolution. I dont like that it still has micro usb, i really dont like touchwiz, the updates are gonna take ages, the home button should be a touch button by now, and I am afraid that it is gonna be outdated when s8 comes out in February, especially if it will be really awesome.

I used to overclock and undervolt the CPU on my phone but I dont do that anymore. I just want something I don't have to take care of as much and it will be working when i need it to without lagging/crashing. 

Any input which could possibly help me decide is appreciated :)

Oh an please dont suggest iphones, I cant stand iTunes. 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

doublepost

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

9 minutes ago, Alesek said:

I used to overclock and undervolt the CPU on my phone but I dont do that anymore. I just want something I don't have to take care of as much and it will be working when i need it to without lagging/crashing. 

if this is all that you truly want, then you should get the Samsung Galaxy S7. i used to hate touchwiz too, everytime i bought a Samsung phone the first thing i'd do was flash a custom ROM. nowadays though, touchwiz is great! no lag, crashes, or any stuttering. to be honest, this is the first phone i have kept completely stock, and i have not felt the need to change that yet.

the camera is amazing. eventough it technically should be worse then the pixel, i still get amazed at the detail in every picture i take.

so my vote definitely goes to the S7. :D

So I waited months just for the new "nexus" to come out, instead we got a new line called Pixel. That said I can't justify the price. It costs way too much for what you get (lack of water resistance and an SD card..)

As for the Galaxy S7, I dislike TouchWiz, the backwards buttons and the physical home button. I personally could get an s7 brand new with a warranty for 480€ but I won't because the only thing that makes me want it is the camera tbh.

So for me, it came down to the HTC 10 or the OnePlus 3. Some advantages of the HTC 10 are better speakers and selfie camera which personally I don't have much need/use for. So if they're something you care about, go for the HTC 10.

Finally the OnePlus 3. The advantages of the OnePlus 3 are a stock android like experience, Cost, almost the fastest android phone there is, the fastest fingerprint sensor & charging and a good camera for the price and my needs. The only real disadvantage for me is the size (I'm coming from a 4inch display and have medium sized hands so it will be hard to get used to)

So it really depends on what you want out of a phone. Maybe you really want a good camera, then just go with the S7 despite its flaws at least it's waterproof and a lot cheaper than it was at launch. And who knows maybe you like all the things the HTC 10 have to offer. I don't dislike anything about it, if it was cheaper I'd go for it over the OnePlus 3 just because of my concerns about size. So for me, I'm going with the OnePlus 3. Hope this can help somewhat.