Gtx 1060 with an Intel i5 4590

I built my own gaming rig and I have decided to upgrade from the Gtx 750 ti 2gb edition. I would just like to know if a Gtx 1060 would bottleneck my cpu. I don' think it will or should but I am not quite sure whether it will or not. Thanks in advanced.

It won't bottleneck your CPU. You'll be able to use both your i5 and 1060 to the max. Unless you get into GTX 650 range, then you shouldn't have any trouble, and even then it might not even bottleneck your CPU. Much more common for the GPU to be bottle necked by cheap/bad CPU.

1 minute ago, Shreyas1996 said:

If u have an low end CPU or very old CPU it may be a bottleneck.

He has a 4590 , he wrote it in the title...

It should be fine, maybe a little bottle neck on the cpu side but not somthing to worry about. Like it might bottleneck a in very very few games, and it would be a minor bottleneck, in other words, you would still get almost full power of ur 1060, if not full.

So I say you should go for it absolutely, nothing to worry about. 4590 is still decent.

Most of the time: No. 

Some games will in certain maps or missions or events. 

Some well-known CPU eaters: 

Welcome to the Jungle from Crysis 3.

Amiens Conquest from Battlefield 1.

Novigrad in Witcher 3.

The forrest map in Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4.

Vinewood in GTA V.

The Bottleneck will be there one way or the other, but you won't notice the big majority of the time. I'd say it's a good match for most games. Just don't expect to never ever encounter CPU bottlenecks. Games are becoming hardware eaters quicker than our pockets can puke money.